What's new

Question - Liu Kang I need a character to cover up Liu Kang weaknesses

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Right now u can say I'm kinda going through a character crisis to the point idk what character I want to main. Characters I've been using are Liu Kang, Cassie Cage, Mileena. Interested in playing kung jin but right now I think I rather choose a character that counter Liu Kang bad MU because Liu is a character I started with at the beginning of MKX

Is there a character that cover up Liu Kang weaknesses or do something that he can't do that I can use as a pocket character. I use both Flame Fist and Dragon Fire.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
What do you have trouble with as Liu? Generally, Liu is weak to pressure himself while on defense, and has a weak air attack game.

I really like playing Kano. He's a very different character than Liu. Kano lives and breathes in the neutral. His air game is pretty tight, and air ball gives you another danger for your opponents to worry about. You've got some decent mind games there with the meter burn version for people that think they can just block and punish. Also, at certain ranges it's a low, so you can play games with spacing. You also DO NOT jump in on Kano if you value your life.

So for me, Liu is super aggressive, high executiion, linear attack vector character. Kano is a neutral master, strong on defense, much easier execution, with multiple attack vectors.

I can't say that he's the best pairing for tournament with Liu. But let me tell you, damn it feels good to just start command grabbing fools after you've had a few games trying to chip people to death on Liu. Like, block this bitch - POWERBOMB -

It's a good feeling. Try it out!

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
What do you have trouble with as Liu? Generally, Liu is weak to pressure himself while on defense, and has a weak air attack game.

I really like playing Kano. He's a very different character than Liu. Kano lives and breathes in the neutral. His air game is pretty tight, and air ball gives you another danger for your opponents to worry about. You've got some decent mind games there with the meter burn version for people that think they can just block and punish. Also, at certain ranges it's a low, so you can play games with spacing. You also DO NOT jump in on Kano if you value your life.

So for me, Liu is super aggressive, high executiion, linear attack vector character. Kano is a neutral master, strong on defense, much easier execution, with multiple attack vectors.

I can't say that he's the best pairing for tournament with Liu. But let me tell you, damn it feels good to just start command grabbing fools after you've had a few games trying to chip people to death on Liu. Like, block this bitch - POWERBOMB -

It's a good feeling. Try it out!
Mostly what you said in the beginning I struggle with air and defense with Liu. I fought a kitana a while back that would delay their njp and reflect my fireballs which was hard to adapt to which was why I thought a character with a good njp would help me and I know Lao is overall better than Liu which may not be a bad idea to pick up for his bad match ups.
Overall thanks I'll think about what you said .

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Shinnok and Kung Lao are the only two characters that beat Liu Kang(as a whole), even then it's probably just 4-6. If you're having trouble in any MU then just grind it out.

If you wanna play a charater with a different feel than Liu then try using Kotal or Kano for footsies, or Erron Black for mixups galore.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
What's your thoughts on the mu with liu kang?
If you're referring to Ninjutsu Scorpion vs. Liu Kang, I feel it's...sort of even.

I want no part of Liu Kang up-close, but the B2 range is where I excel. And none of your armored wake-ups will beat out my F2 if I knock you down. You also can't zone me due to teleport (obviously).

Those are my early impressions though, as I hardly fight any Kangs. I'll likely change my views with more experience.