What's new

i knew raiden was hated but....

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
was doing ranked matches a few minutes ago went to pick cyber sub my main.... i went to go pick my guy on the right side. but it wouldnt let me since i pressed up to get to the bottom of the screen and i pick raiden instead without realize it. i panic and im like "oh shit im gonna lose this one cuz i cant play raiden worth shit." opponent picks cyrax..... lucky for me though he dipped just as the match started :DDDD thank god... i guess he's had bad experience with raiden and thot i was a raiden player :p

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
was doing ranked matches a few minutes ago went to pick cyber sub my main.... i went to go pick my guy on the right side. but it wouldnt let me since i pressed up to get to the bottom of the screen and i pick raiden instead without realize it. i panic and im like "oh shit im gonna lose this one cuz i cant play raiden worth shit." opponent picks cyrax..... lucky for me though he dipped just as the match started :DDDD thank god... i guess he's had bad experience with raiden and thot i was a raiden player :p
What annoys me about Cyrax is that when he throws a net I can teleport on reaction and get him with Electric Fly, but because the net is moving so slow I get caught in it from the back side and still eat a ~40% combo.

King

Sig Maker
What annoys me about Cyrax is that when he throws a net I can teleport on reaction and get him with Electric Fly, but because the net is moving so slow I get caught in it from the back side and still eat a ~40% combo.
Wait. So you can't teleport on reaction 121 Shocker B321 Fly as a punishment for Cyrax's net? I remember a friend of mine who plays Raiden do that to me.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Wish that happened to me...

I wanted to pick Sub-Zero. I move from scorpion to subby but for some raisin I moved up one and went all the way to raiden. I lost very badly.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Wait. So you can't teleport on reaction 121 Shocker B321 Fly as a punishment for Cyrax's net? I remember a friend of mine who plays Raiden do that to me.
I can. It's just that doing Electric Fly is so deeply ingrained in me for some reason that any chance I get to do it I go for. I know I can do more damage with a combo, but still....As Aris said during his EVO commentating, "...it's hard not to do Superman because it feels so good to do it...." I have to actively remind myself to not do it so much because it is so punishable on block.

Theme

Noob
I can. It's just that doing Electric Fly is so deeply ingrained in me for some reason that any chance I get to do it I go for. I know I can do more damage with a combo, but still....As Aris said during his EVO commentating, "...it's hard not to do Superman because it feels so good to do it...." I have to actively remind myself to not do it so much because it is so punishable on block.
Lol same here mate same here. I love Raidens Superman since it pushes them into the corner, and my corner traps are quite powerful. My midgame with Raiden is not so hot, but decent. Id say I get punished most by a single move, it'd have to be Raidens superman.

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
please dont curse in thread titles. thank you.
my bad :/

but yea i mean i was having such a bad day of playing ranked anyways and i was raging pretty bad i knew i was gonna lose cuz ever cyrax player that knows the 60% bomb reset comboes for some reason i was bumping into ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF THEM:(

Creepy00

Noob
The Raiden hate online is ridiculous!
Well most online raiden players are newbies that only playing him cause of his teleport and superman move. He has potential yet online people refuse to learn him. It is really funny that they try to counter pick my sub zero with raiden yet they dont him or the match up. in the end they leave lol

Raiman

Noob
The bad thing about Raiden is if you win, you spammed, and know one wants to keep playing. Even if it was aginst another top tier like Reptile or Kung Lao. If you lose, still know one continues to play you because they beat the almighty Raiden and wanna rub it in your face.

SZSR

Noob
The bad thing about Raiden is if you win, you spammed, and know one wants to keep playing. Even if it was aginst another top tier like Reptile or Kung Lao. If you lose, still know one continues to play you because they beat the almighty Raiden and wanna rub it in your face.
Look, it's not if the Raiden spammed, or if they won or lost. Most guys are just sick of fighting the same character over and over. As a Smoke player, everytime I fight a reasonably skilled player (as in they put up a fight but I beat them anyways) they switch from whoever to Raiden, Smoke's purported worst matchup. And everytime it's the same, they follow Eight's Raiden flowchart, even if online means as just a practice, fighting the same tactic over and over begins to wane your skills rather than improve them.

Fuzzymic14

FC Bound
Everyone hates Raiden. i main Raiden and its tricky as hell to get past him. But look at the bright side, if you can read Raiden; You can read anyone.

Kombo

Noob
Same thing happened to me I was trying to pick sektor waiting for my opponent to pick a character and I started messing around with the cursor going aorund in circles and it came up on Raiden and my first reaction was oh shit! Luckily I was able to flowchart my way to victory.

B W1zZ

Noob
Often when I'm playing online people will leave the game on me midmatch while I'm playing as Raiden (theres a lot more to mine than tele/throw and superman). Not just Raiden though, this seems to happen with any new character I pick up.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Well most online raiden players are newbies that only playing him cause of his teleport and superman move. He has potential yet online people refuse to learn him. It is really funny that they try to counter pick my sub zero with raiden yet they dont him or the match up. in the end they leave lol
Have you noticed that a lot of experienced Raidens will only use superman as a punish, if that?
Characters have their problems, sure. But what makes up online quality is, well, the community.
Most of the online Raidens only do 3 or 4 moves: Tele, Grab, Sweep, Superman.
And since blocked supermans are so far away, its hard to punish, if you can punish at all.

Raidens, like Kanos, are great characters that are constantly abused.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Regardless of the player's skill, every single Raiden boils down to instant teleports, 334s, sweeps, supermans and throws. I'm just sick of the constant pressure and superman frame trap upon attempting to punish/crossover/jump away from 334. I'd love to see a Raiden player with even the slightest bit of diversity, but that hasn't happened, yet.

The only difference between a good and bad Raiden player is, they know their frame traps and can perform combos.

Sasuga

Noob
I played a lot of raidens today and I've reached a new level. I've been superman-ed all day long. punishing mileena's d4 with superman, intercepting reptile's elbow with superman, no move went unpunished. But I'm done now. I'm also going for the win. I will just jip and cross up all the fucking time and spam sai's and everything else that can be spammed. I got ragequited on immediately, the guy is still sending me hatemail. I find this very funny. There is less salt on my side now that I play the game like 99% of the players out there. And more for them. whaha. whaaahahaha!

Sent from my microwave oven