What's new

Question I keep hearing limits on 132

I continually hear 132 j2 combo starter is situational but I have been able to do it facing towards or away on every opponent. So either people haven't cracked what seems like an easy execution barrier or they are talking about how unreliable it is online. Can someone please explain this to me?! I play on XBL and have the patch ergo im confused as to what I must be missing

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Try it with DS's chest away from the screen with a max range hit of 1 on Harley Quinn. If you can put a video up, that'd be great, because I've never been able to get this to work.

Try it with DS's chest away from the screen with a max range hit of 1 on Harley Quinn. If you can put a video up, that'd be great, because I've never been able to get this to work.
I'm learning Deathstroke myself and to me he seems like a character that requires great precision to be able to execute some of his moves correctly. Unlike other characters I've noticed his 3,2,3 into Toward+2,3 or 1,2 has to be inputted while your opponent is still in the air just while you are moving in the air with him just before he nears the ground contact. If you input the command when it FEELS and SOUNDS right which is when the last sword swipe hits you will miss the connection. Some of his launchers are programmed wrong too by barely not giving him enough time to reach and connect his second chains.

Its a shame too because Deathstroke has some great in-close moves but because of the precision needed to execute a good combo chain he will mostly be used by people online as a spamming gun zoner from full distance and become annoying to play against.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
DS's good bnbs are actually not too difficult. 323, F23 becomes natural over time. F3 after B1U2 becomes easier eventually too.

The link I'm having most trouble with right now is 1, 323 after some juggles, and landing MB quick fire after very long juggles.

Vagrant

Noob
132 j2 is consistent with practice. It's not unreliable I hit people with the full bnb on and offline all the time.

His combos aren't very difficult to be honest. Just know your windows and dial the string.

Any chance you can post a vid? Someone tested it and confirmed that stance was key.
Who would you like to see it done on? Im working till 7am Est but I can do it in the morning in whatever character you'd like to see it on and whichever bnb ending youd like (so we can confirm hit stun deterioration is the same as well). Also I use Tapatalk can I upliad a video via this app?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
"Try it with DS's chest away from the screen with a max range hit of 1 on Harley Quinn. If you can put a video up, that'd be great, because I've never been able to get this to work."

Try this combo on her: Ji2, 132, Ji2, 323, F23, Sword Flip
I have no clue how Taptalk works, so I don't have much of an answer for you there.

"Try it with DS's chest away from the screen with a max range hit of 1 on Harley Quinn. If you can put a video up, that'd be great, because I've never been able to get this to work."

I have no clue how Taptalk works, so I don't have much of an answer for you there.
Ill do it when I get home. Ive been using k.frost and catwoman for small sprite traing so I'll just use Harley tomorrow. Ill post ASAP

I added 2 videos to you tube bc I couldnt do it via tapatalk

You can definitely land it on a females but the timing way more strict and you have to 132 closer than you would for the males. It looks like the tip of Deathstroke's boot for the JI2 connects with a loose thread on the opponents clothes tbh I'd rather not go for it.

I always use it. Offkine I never drop it. Online I drop j2 sometimes but since its mostly scrubs online I usually dont need 37% anyway. Either way I havent found anyone I cannot connect it on in either stance so I still hate when I see character/stance specific. Its not. It can be hit in the full cast. Either stance.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Welp I finally got the time to hit training mode and try it, RIGHT when you post your video. I did exactly what I told you to do, and you're right, it worked. Someone else had told me it was stance specific before, but I think I've found the real problem here.

This combo IS stance specific based on your timing (which is probably why I was informed of this). If after 132 you jump and IMMEDIATELY do a J2, you have to have your chest towards the screen. However, if you delay the J2 just a tiny bit, it works on any in any stance.

Thank you for the mythbuster video though. I'll admit I WAS one of the people spreading the myth of 132, J2 not being global, and I shouldn't have spread this misinformation without testing it extensively myself.

Welp I finally got the time to hit training mode and try it, RIGHT when you post your video. I did exactly what I told you to do, and you're right, it worked. Someone else had told me it was stance specific before, but I think I've found the real problem here.

This combo IS stance specific based on your timing (which is probably why I was informed of this). If after 132 you jump and IMMEDIATELY do a J2, you have to have your chest towards the screen. However, if you delay the J2 just a tiny bit, it works on any in any stance.

Thank you for the mythbuster video though. I'll admit I WAS one of the people spreading the myth of 132, J2 not being global, and I shouldn't have spread this misinformation without testing it extensively myself.
Haha im just glad we were able to disprove it. The rumors could have kept people from making him ad much of a threat up close and we dont want that :cool: