What's new

General/Other I forgot how fun CSZ is to play...

I played him for a bit for awhile back and dropped him for whatever reason. Played him on online today for shits and giggles and forgot how underrated he really is. That freeze, jip, U4, teleport, 3,3, EX Freeze is just so dirty and gives big damage, I love it. Standing jab and d1 are awesome.

I was curious what some of you try to set up when using him.

Altaire

Noob
33 EX freeze after a U4 standing reset really isn't that good. Your opponent should just be blocking low 100% of the time and fuzzy guarding the 3 4 overhead. The only real mixup off U4 is to go back into 2 1 pressure, which creates a mixup between 2 1 1+2 and 2 1 grab.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
33 EX freeze after a U4 standing reset really isn't that good. Your opponent should just be blocking low 100% of the time and fuzzy guarding the 3 4 overhead. The only real mixup off U4 is to go back into 2 1 pressure, which creates a mixup between 2 1 1+2 and 2 1 grab.
Yea the main reason it aint good is because you get alot of meterless damage without it lol. Its really good when they are about to get breaker though, block stun for some meter.

Altaire

Noob
Yea the main reason it aint good is because you get alot of meterless damage without it lol. Its really good when they are about to get breaker though, block stun for some meter.
Yeah, basically this. If you don't want your opponent to break, you can do JIP U4 teleport, 2 1, grab. You can even skip it and go straight into the grab if you really want to play it safe. It's kind of a gimmick, but I definitely use it, because it serves its one niche purpose pretty well. Hell, if my opponent has enough meter to break, I'll almost always do the U4 teleport reset, because I'm no worse off if they break and I'm at advantage if they don't.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Yeah, basically this. If you don't want your opponent to break, you can do JIP U4 teleport, 2 1, grab. You can even skip it and go straight into the grab if you really want to play it safe. It's kind of a gimmick, but I definitely use it, because it serves its one niche purpose pretty well. Hell, if my opponent has enough meter to break, I'll almost always do the U4 teleport reset, because I'm no worse off if they break and I'm at advantage if they don't.
agreed. Also if you do an up4 right before they get a breaker it takes a good amount of damage because the first hit of the up 4 hits hard.

Christ took you guys 19 days to respond lol.

So Alt and J, what kinds of set ups besides the one you mentioned should I be looking to execute? What about ending strings with ice bombs?

Hemlock

Noob
woo! I just "unlocked" him in story mode and I seriously enjoyed playing as him. that backflip after the dive kick is, how do they say? God like.

and the ice sword ain't no joke. I also just really enjoyed his story characterization as well.

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
woo! I just "unlocked" him in story mode and I seriously enjoyed playing as him. that backflip after the dive kick is, how do they say? God like.

and the ice sword ain't no joke. I also just really enjoyed his story characterization as well.
for real

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
yeah lol, honestly in CSZ's case, best thing you can do is play to his strengths...which are his gimmicks. The more you know, the better chance you'll have at confusing the opponent. Don't get predictable, keep it fresh. One of the more interesting gimmicks/mind games is his ability to fake a cross up by doing a long dive kick while jumping over the opponent.

Hemlock

Noob
between enhanced ice bomb, teleport, dive kicks, slides, and ice parry - I think you can really mess with people's minds and make them afraid to stay away or get close.

and here's a pic of CSZ relaxing after a victory, saying "i'm so balllller!"