What's new

I Dream Of Hats: Looking For Kung Lao Wisdom.

Just lame raiden out. His big hitbox hinders him in the matchup and you can punish tele with spin on reaction even tho its risky. KL is too mobile and fast for raiden.
why punish with spin when you can just 21 which has a farther reaching hitbox and its safe and its 1 frame slower..... if you play kl all you have to do is take your time and decide how to react either with a going nuts or b playing d and counter-zoning by reading projectiles and baiting them with your own.

if you play kl raiden shouldnt be the matchup to worry about it imo should be sonya and cage and kitana, tbh the kl matchup is a pain in the ass for raiden due to mobility

gdf

Noob
To be honest, 2,1 online (Which is where most Raiden's are fought) does not punish as well as it does offline. Frame data and gravity is so wonky (online) that it makes spin probably the best option. Because more often than not, attempting to counter attack with 2,1 is met with a block.

And to the point of matchups to worry about. Cage isn't particularly relevant anymore in regards to Kung Lao online.

Sonya, Reptile, and Kitana are the only present problems that need to be countered at this point, but even these characters have heavily exploitable flaws.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
pecka said it best, raiden is small time in this match up. bait the tele, punish projectiles, kl mobility crushes raiden

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
offline yes 21spin is the ideal punish
Yea this is something alot of people need to start doing. 21 is ten times better than 112 when your fishing for combos. Faster, more damaging, hit confirmable at two places into spin(21 and 21212), block confirmable into the best blockstring in the game for meter building, and its neutral. If you want to level your game up you have to use this rather than 1121.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yea this is something alot of people need to start doing. 21 is ten times better than 112 when your fishing for combos. Faster, more damaging, hit confirmable at two places into spin(21 and 21212), block confirmable into the best blockstring in the game for meter building, and its neutral. If you want to level your game up you have to use this rather than 1121.
Been working on it with delicious results, both the 21 and the 21212 on block/into Spin. 90% of my play as of late has been against the Expert AI as online just tends to infuriate and agonize me, and though it may not punish me as thoroughly as I'd be against a human, it's smarter than the average bear when it comes to weeding out my mistakes.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Been working on it with delicious results, both the 21 and the 21212 on block/into Spin. 90% of my play as of late has been against the Expert AI as online just tends to infuriate and agonize me, and though it may not punish me as thoroughly as I'd be against a human, it's smarter than the average bear when it comes to weeding out my mistakes.
Really all the AI is useful for. When it punishes you, it punishes you consistently. Really good for learning frame traps and pressuring.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
is 21spin really hit confirm able ? I can consistently hit confirm 21212 but idk about 21. I usually use 21spin to whiff punish but when i try to interrupt pressure ill use 21212 for the hit confirm.