What's new

I don't understand all the complaints about bugs/glitches/etc

Loot

the special effects
I mean, its Mortal Kombat. When has the game not been loaded with glitches and bugs? I'd be mad at Boon if he released a game with no errors, because then he would be a bigger liar.

This game is a reboot of the 2d series, and those game are known for all the bugs/glitches/infinites/etc.

Its Mortal Kombat, not a Capcom fighter.

Eight

I am the salt
Because we want MK to be a viable and respectable tournament fighter.

Having bugs and glitches directly undermines that.

Risergy

Superscrub
It's a grey area. Some bugs have made games better and even defined how they are played at a high level. But some bugs, mainly game-breaking and visual bugs, can be the kiss-o'-death for games that want to be accepted on a competitive level.

Today a friend and I were both messing around with Kenshi when, as chance would have it, we both decided to do our X-Ray at the exact same time. Both swords connected but the animation was cancelled... and both swords just hung there in midair. Sure, it's hilarious, but what if that happened at a tournament at like EVO? With thousands watching. And with MK's competitive cred already on shaky ground. Not good.

I'm coming into MK9 a longtime casual fan. I'm not on any competitive level, but I've enjoyed watching MK on a competitive level ever since match videos were played through Quicktime and hosted on FTP, and I really would like to see all those longtime MK players get the game and respect they deserve. A game that isn't bug-free, but "broke" free.

It's because we have the technology to fix these types of issues these days. When we see tons of bugs in games it may look lazy on the developers if they don't fix it.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
They had multiple revisions to fix bugs and broken crap in the old days, too, they just weren't entirely successful.

But don't worry: all software has bugs, and I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in MK9 that won't get fixed...

RamenO

It Stinks!
There's a reason games have sequels, especially fighting games. Not only to expand upon the earlier idea, continue story, or add new features. To correct previous mistakes, bugs, and errors.

Patches do this without a total revision/re-release.