What's new

Question - Kitana I do not know how to run cancel

DeeDogg

Forever a student of the game
Where can i find out how to do this? i was looking in the combo section and i see that some of her combos i have to run cancel...is it hard to do? any help would be great..

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
A run cancel is basically just canceling a run into another move. For example with kitana after you land a ex fan you initiate a run and then quickly do a d1. It's also used a lot in neutral to cover ground and close gaps

DeeDogg

Pressing any button while you're running other than forward and back (I think?) should cause you to stop running.
111 ~ df1, jik ~ df1, rc, f33 ~ db1, f33 ~ bf3 / db3
so after i throw fans i do the run cancel in f33 it seems like i have to do that fast as hell

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
so after i throw fans i do the run cancel in f33 it seems like i have to do that fast as hell
Just input the run and once you feel like your close enough input the f33

HanSolo

Noob
You just have to practice. The more familiar you become with a character the more you'll form the muscle memory and the easier the RC will become.

For the combo you listed after you land on the ground from the jik DF1, I wait maybe half a second to a second so that my timing for the F33 is correct. This will vary based on your jik df1 though.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I know no things.

Examples of No things...
Wetting your finger and putting it in an electrical outlet.
Using the term 'Daddy Issues' in any pick-up line.
Using the term 'realistically' to compare any imagined or made up things.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
These are technically run cancels but you shouldn't see them as it. This is as simple as: df1, run, f33. I'm assuming the "rc" notation is throwing you off. Especially with the following in mind: I believe you could just "df1, dash, f33". Good luck!

DeeDogg

These are technically run cancels but you shouldn't see them as it. This is as simple as: df1, run, f33. I'm assuming the "rc" notation is throwing you off. Especially with the following in mind: I believe you could just "df1, dash, f33". Good luck!
yea i think thats what it is..most of em in the combo section has DASH but then i see RC but when i look the combo up i see that it looks like a dash? yea very confusing for me