What's new

Match Footage - Shirai Ryu Hype Komeback

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
A Little background:

I'm a Takeda main (man it can be a struggle sometimes) and I'd consider myself slightly above average level player (xbox one).

I came up against this Ermac, and for the most part, I was playing like trash. All he/she had to do was sneeze on me and it would have been over.

Something snapped in me, and I just went ham, egg, and cheese on him. I know I would have been pissed if I was on the other end of this.

For your viewing pleasure:

Post yours!
---
XBL Gamertag: SOULWARRIOR 71K

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Pretty derpy from that ermac. Im almost sure he would have just chipped you with an ex teleport at the end. Gj anyways.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Gj, I'll be honest, I don't understand that Ermac combo that everyone does.. Open the same, no bf1, just jip , launcher string, 3,44 . I think that's the notation (at work) , 36% landable every time even in moderate lagg. It ends with them a little further away, but run cancel into them before they stand if you don't want the distance, which in my experience, Ermac DOES. Shrug, maybe I'm missing something. I mean, I understand the njp, tele, etc if you're putting them in his vortex, but the risk/difficulty for that 1-2% damage ain't worth it. Its 34% with low starter iirc .

Ok, sorry, rant over.. I just don't understand that combo.

But great match man. I.main takeda and Ermac jointly ;)

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Nice come back! Glad to see some XB1 love lol...

Saw that you were mostly playing defensively during the match.. Was it because you didn't know the match-up to well or do you always go defense first and react off their mistakes?

Haven't played too many Takedas online although in my opinion mirror matches are the best way to improve your own character by seeing how other players use them...

Add me on XBL so we could do a couple sparring matches...

XBL: Pleasa

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Nice come back! Glad to see some XB1 love lol...

Saw that you were mostly playing defensively during the match.. Was it because you didn't know the match-up to well or do you always go defense first and react off their mistakes?

Haven't played too many Takedas online although in my opinion mirror matches are the best way to improve your own character by seeing how other players use them...

Add me on XBL so we could do a couple sparring matches...

XBL: Pleasa
My style usually depends on if I have played the person before and/or which character they pick. In that particular match, for some reason I clammed up once I started getting hit.

Sometimes I play defensively and sometimes I play offensively. For example, If I'm playing against Scorpion, I try to get a knock down as quickly as possible and then I do my best to bait his teleport and punish (I've also been working on stopping myself from jumping against him because it usually results in getting kicked into his teleporting/arise vortex). Against Sub, for me it's all about baiting the wakeup slide and avoiding getting trapped in the corner with the ice clone/overhead shenanigans. But once I take them out of their strategy, it opens up opportunities to use combos.

I'm also a big fan of using Takeda's double front kick to create space and/or using it to get quick damage by mixing up a kunai/air spear right after the knock down.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I ran into you in ranked yesterday. I always remember takeda players because a takeda mirror is usually pretty rare in ranked