What's new

Human Smoke noob question.

Over the last couple days I have started using H-Smoke. I am having trouble with one of his combos.

Ok the combo I am using is the HK-LP launcher, then i follow with the jumpkick, telepunch and spear. From there I attempt to do the HK-DownLP-DownHP launcher, but people always block this combo after the HK but the combo keeps going so I am not messing that part up.

What am I doing wrong? Should I go with the HK-LP launcher instead for the second launch?

P.S, and thanks to this site I JUST learned if I hold back while blocking I can't be thrown. Being a noob sucks but thanks to this site it shortens the learning process greatly. Thankyou.

dreemernj

Ambassador
DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
Over the last couple days I have started using H-Smoke. I am having trouble with one of his combos.

Ok the combo I am using is the HK-LP launcher, then i follow with the jumpkick, telepunch and spear. From there I attempt to do the HK-DownLP-DownHP launcher, but people always block this combo after the HK but the combo keeps going so I am not messing that part up.

What am I doing wrong? Should I go with the HK-LP launcher instead for the second launch?

P.S, and thanks to this site I JUST learned if I hold back while blocking I can't be thrown. Being a noob sucks but thanks to this site it shortens the learning process greatly. Thankyou.
The HK, D+LP, D+HP has to be done really fast. Much faster than most of the other combos in the game. Don't try to time the button presses to the hits or anything, just do the button presses as quickly as you can and the combo won't break.

ded

Elder God
i really cant understand why the 3hit launcher gives so much troubles, i break jps, shang combo more often than hsmoke's lol

try switching the the 2 hit pop up you lose some damage but its never broken. Practice the 3hit pop up against people you know you can beat and can afford it being blocked. Ive lost some matches doing the 3 hit pop up and having it blocked.

That is true...that 3 hit is awfully hard to pull off but i've seen some people get it with ease. I think with me it's mostly due to the terrible d-pad that we're forced to use on the 360.

I do LK Dlp Dhp, it is much easier with a 360 controller and i can pull it of 95% of the time. It does take a bit of practice though.

I seen a buddy of mine use the tip of his thumb to press every button which is not a good idea. If you are using hk first press it with your tip of the thumb then use the bottom of your thumb for the lp. This way here you dont have to move your thumb. For this combo I slide the bottom of my thumb from lk to lp.

dreemernj

Ambassador
As long as you are within normal combo range, doing it fast enough will mean it will work every time. If its breaking its just being done too slowly.