What's new

Human sektor superior to robo and UMK3 sektor

webreg

Noob
I absolutely love, LOVE the human Sektor appearance. I used to main Sektor for this reason alone. Good news.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So what I've gathered from these 2 image panels on the upmissile is this:
67 frames from execution to hit
31 frames from execution to release
36 frames from release to hit

Notice Human Sektor's missile releases higher than Robot Sektor's. IDK if this means that Robot Sektor's missile hits lower on release than Human Sektor's, or if Human Sektor's missile is actually active on the pre-release flash.

This means one of two things.
Robot Sektor's missile has more space to cover in the 36 frames than Human Sektor's, which must mean it's traveling faster and hitting lower
-or-
Human Sektor's is active during the flash, which would probably give them the same travel speed but with the advantage going to Human Sektor for being active earlier.

-edit- My numbers might be a touch off, because idk if the input display shows button presses the frame you hit them or the next frame, and idk if the move executes the frame the button press is shown or the frame after. I guess I assumed 1 frame to show the button press and 1 frame to execute the move afterwards, but it may execute and display the press at the same time. Regardless, the math and reasoning are still sound, just add 1 frame to the total frames and release frames.

Somberness

Lights
Upmissile hits on the 70th frame, execution is actually 69 but we've been including the first active frame, it doesn't really matter as nobody is going to figure out the active frames. Well, upmissile is active before it leaves the screen too, I might figure the first active frame eventually. The first execution frame is always 1 before the button input, it's when the red indicator shows up for certain moves. It shows us that the input was read at that point and matches up to what Netherrealm has told us.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Upmissile hits on the 70th frame, execution is actually 69 but we've been including the first active frame, it doesn't really matter as nobody is going to figure out the active frames. Well, upmissile is active before it leaves the screen too, I might figure the first active frame eventually. The first execution frame is always 1 before the button input, it's when the red indicator shows up for certain moves. It shows us that the input was read at that point and matches up to what Netherrealm has told us.
Thanks for the explanation. Regardless of frame count, there is a difference on release points for the upmissile and I'm wondering if they both become active on the same frame or if one is earlier than the other. Also, Robot's missle has to travel faster to reach the opponent at the same time, even though the difference is miniscule. Definitely not game changing, but worth noting.

Somberness

Lights
Human Sektor's missile exits the screen faster but the time for it to reappear again is the same for both. I think this is because the explosion effect lasts longer for human but I didn't check that. Both versions have their missiles+effect gone for 9 frames so it isn't that.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
So do they take the same number of frames to reappear and hit? Besides that, I guess the only question now is if they become active upon deployment at the same frame, but frames alone won't give us that info.

Robotic

Gentleman.
So do they take the same number of frames to reappear and hit? Besides that, I guess the only question now is if they become active upon deployment at the same frame, but frames alone won't give us that info.
That's the number #1 and only reason for my apprehension: It definitely feels slower for Human than Robot, and I want my upmissile active than not. If I'm in a situation where that upmissile launches and it hitting or not firing will cost me the game, I need my missile active.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
If they're active on the same frame, then the I assume Human Sektor's hurtbox starts higher, whereas if Human Sektor's is active 1 frame before(during the spark) then they'll be active at the same height but Human Sektor will have the 1 frame advantage. A pain in the ass to test, but worth knowing for sure.

Also thanks to XXZ for helping us figure this out.

Robotic

Gentleman.
35 is the first active frame for both, 24 for ex.
I guess this is why I can get hit out of what I think is an active upmissile for Robot. I have literally seen it appear on the screen for a half-second, get hit, and it doesn't come down. Could this be NRS compensating for the APPEARANCE of a faster upmissile for Robot?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I do think it's bullshit that if you get hit before the missile leaves the screen it doesn't come down.

Thanks XXZ