What's new

Huge stick Problem.

Since MK9 has alot of special attacks where you need to use the up/down/back/forward buttons on the left of your stick, i''ve gotten stuck with the problem that i "cant" use the analog sticks anymore, it just won't happen online. and i realy need to get used to 'em cause when i'm in the corner i can't get out.
anyone knows a solution for this problem?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Come on guys, reply please.
realy need your help.
Analog? Are you using ps3/xbox pad? Or a fight stick?

Also, what character do you use and is it a specific side of the screen that gives you trouble or just being cornered in general?

Playing on a normal PS3 Dualshock and just in general i never use those analog sticks to jump over someone and stuff.
i mostly use Sub-Zero, Smoke, Kung lao.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I'd use the D-Pad, if I was you. It's a lot easier to input commands, especially simple ones like MK. This isn't SF where I have to do 10 full counterclockwise rotations, push x three times, write a haiku, dash back, just to do a hadouken (obvious exaggeration)

I'm about to have a deal to buy a BlazBlue stick for 50 euro, and if that deal won't work i'm gonna buy a tekken set wich contains a stick for 70 euro from amazon.com.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I'm about to have a deal to buy a BlazBlue stick for 50 euro
A Madcatz TE or a Hori HRAP?
If it's a Madcatz TE I would go for it, this would be a very nice deal. These sticks are very easy to mod in case something breaks or you want to experiment with different brands of sticks - buttons - button layouts - etc...
The Hori is a nice deal to, has a lot of modding options but due the PCB being soldered to the buttons requires a bit more of technical skills.

and if that deal won't work i'm gonna buy a tekken set wich contains a stick for 70 euro from amazon.com.
The Tekken 6 stick is not that good and is pretty hard to mod.

I would look around for a decent stick with parts that are easily changed.
If you want it cheap, try a Madcatz Brawlstick or SE (although the white is ugly as f..k). They are easy to mod and cheap!
The more expensive ranges of sticks mostly use the same brands (mostly sanwa) in parts.

I found this thread on SRK quite helpfull in choosing a stick:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-stick-controller-should-i-buy.137321/

Sasuga

Noob
If you are planning on buying an actual arcade stick you might want to consider the qanba stick. It's relatively cheap but uses quality parts. It also comes dualmodded per default so it works on ps3, 360 and pc.

I dont think the tekken stick is that good. a good stick will set you back at least ~100,-. I don't think they ship that to NL either. Amazon for some reason does not ship those kind of products outside UK/US. I tried getting Dual Shock 2 pads but they would send me those either, the bastards.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
If you are planning on buying an actual arcade stick you might want to consider the qanba stick. It's relatively cheap but uses quality parts. It also comes dualmodded per default so it works on ps3, 360 and pc.

I dont think the tekken stick is that good. a good stick will set you back at least ~100,-. I don't think they ship that to NL either. Amazon for some reason does not ship those kind of products outside UK/US. I tried getting Dual Shock 2 pads but they would send me those either, the bastards.
Totally right, the most prices for easy to mod/quality parts (in some, others just have a sturdy case) start around 100 dollars (except when you make your own case or the SE sticks (easy hardware swaps).
Lot's of UK shops ship quite cheap and do good deals too, just look around for the best deals. Amazon does ship sticks to Belgium, so the NL should be OK too!