What's new

How will matches start?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Searched and didn't find a thread on this but yeah, how will matches start? They've already said that there's nothing more "game-y" than having someone go "round one, fight" so the one long health bar helps this. What it doesn't say is how do we know when to go? Are the intros unskippable and we start when they finish? Is there some kind of indicator?

trufenix

bye felicia
The game still has round 1 fight for vs mode and such, its just story mode that has been made more seamless.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The game still has round 1 fight for vs mode and such, its just story mode that has been made more seamless.
Does it, I've literally heard nothing of this and videos simply show people going right into it after the intros.

The camera just pans out, and I think you fight.

Again, videos just show people going at it, no true camera pan or anything.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Look for the Batman vs Deathstroke video on YouTube, you hear a "Begin!" and then the health bars appear and the match begins.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Look for the Batman vs Deathstroke video on YouTube, you hear a "Begin!" and then the health bars appear and the match begins.

You're right, though there's something I want to point out and it's that Deathstroke starts moving before the voice finishes so either the voice isn't a true indicator, which I doubt it isn't, or you can move around before the match officially starts.

Yes we will but it could end up being a very big deal, if there's no on screen indicator of when a match starts then we have to rely on sound which could suck for some people.
Ya, you don't want to end up in a SF x T situation where you can move prior to the "Fight" text goes away. Which they patched in 2013 version.

colt, clear up please. Players need an audio or visual cue for consistency, even if you're trying to make it a cinematic game.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Even so if there isn't an screen indicator eventually everyone would get use to the timing when you are able to move after the match loads up. But even so I'm sure there is a on screen "Fight" or "Brawl" I mean every fighting game has one it would be kinda dumb for them not to have one...Especially for NRS

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Even so if there isn't an screen indicator eventually everyone would get use to the timing when you are able to move after the match loads up. But even so I'm sure there is a on screen "Fight" or "Brawl" I mean every fighting game has one it would be kinda dumb for them not to have one...Especially for NRS

From the look of that DS/Bats fight it was literally a one second gap from when the intros ended and the "begin" sounded, that's some harsh timing. Every fighting game, or nearly every fighter, has traditional rounds as well so I wouldn't take it on faith.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
apparently the fights just kinda start with no fight or round 1, the begin sound might be all you get and from what ive gathered from interviews for the 2bd round they just kinda drop and get back up then you start again

One thing i noticed during arcade fights is the camera doesn't zoom out at the start of a match like in mk9 when the second fighter said their intro and the camera panned out to start the fight, in Injustice the camera cuts to the fighters about to fight without the camera pulling back seamlessly

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
apparently the fights just kinda start with no fight or round 1, the begin sound might be all you get and from what ive gathered from interviews for the 2bd round they just kinda drop and get back up then you start again

There's no traditional rounds, it's just one long health bar. My concern is simply with the very start of the match.