What's new

Question How viable is this combo?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Feel free to take this down if need be, but do yall think that

JIP, 2, 2, Ice Ball, dash in, NJP, B1,+2, Ice Puddle(or Ex Ice Puddle) is viable?

An online friend told me it was a reset. I just wanted a TYM opinion.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
That is what we call a ghetto reset. Your opponent can wake up for free. Also always try to finish with a b1, 2, 1 if you ever land a ground freeze. It keeps your opponent on their feet and you are +24 which allows for continuted pressure (I do 2,1,2 ice clone 95% of the time).

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I forgot I posted this. Never got the notification of your response. Thank You. I've been trying it online. It's punishable on reaction if the person sees it coming. If not it is what you call a ghetto reset lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
That is what we call a ghetto reset. Your opponent can wake up for free. Also always try to finish with a b1, 2, 1 if you ever land a ground freeze. It keeps your opponent on their feet and you are +24 which allows for continuted pressure (I do 2,1,2 ice clone 95% of the time).
This is very correct. I would not bother sacrificing damage just for the chance that you MIGHT nail an Ice Puddle, which has to be one of the worst specials in the entire game (the only time I use it is to regain a bit of meter after incapacitating my opponent with an EX Freeze while they are standing on the ground).

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
This is very correct. I would not bother sacrificing damage just for the chance that you MIGHT nail an Ice Puddle, which has to be one of the worst specials in the entire game (the only time I use it is to regain a bit of meter after incapacitating my opponent with an EX Freeze while they are standing on the ground).
So how do you feel about the B2 cancel into B1+2, or 2,2 freeze?
And what am I supposed to do against a sindell that zones me online the entire fight?

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
if you want a ghetto reset that catches people more often, i use this when im desperate.
freeze njp b1 2 21 dash full charge b2
it works if you catch them sleeping or if they have a breaker coming because chances are they are holding forward block mindlessly.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
So how do you feel about the B2 cancel into B1+2, or 2,2 freeze?
And what am I supposed to do against a sindell that zones me online the entire fight?
Corner that Bitch honestly.

Wait for her to corner herself and have a field day.

Once she's in the corner stay out of cartwheel range, wait for an air fireball and come in with d4 or right in with 212 clone if you're close enough. This traps her completely, if she jumps, block fireball then AA 22 freeze. If she's just standing there blocking you have a free ex slide into the clone or d4 into pressure again.

Be cautious of low fireball after you 212 clone, it has be every Sindels favorite move after a clone but you have plenty of time to block it.

Fireball chip is nothing compared what you're going to do to her in the corner. And the key point is to almost always stay out of cartwheel range.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Corner that Bitch honestly.

Wait for her to corner herself and have a field day.

Once she's in the corner stay out of cartwheel range, wait for an air fireball and come in with d4 or right in with 212 clone if you're close enough. This traps her completely, if she jumps, block fireball then AA 22 freeze. If she's just standing there blocking you have a free ex slide into the clone or d4 into pressure again.

Be cautious of low fireball after you 212 clone, it has be every Sindels favorite move after a clone but you have plenty of time to block it.

Fireball chip is nothing compared what you're going to do to her in the corner. And the key point is to almost always stay out of cartwheel range.
Thanks for that advice! I hate losing to a Sindell that does fireballs and cartwheels lol. It legit upsets me.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
if you want a ghetto reset that catches people more often, i use this when im desperate.
freeze njp b1 2 21 dash full charge b2
it works if you catch them sleeping or if they have a breaker coming because chances are they are holding forward block mindlessly.
And a ghetto reset is a reset that can't be done offline right?