What's new

Guide - Jason Voorhees How to take apart a character with Macdaddymacro AKA macro Quan Chi

macro

Eezeepeezee
Now us as Jason players Love to destroy are opponent, so what I'm bringing is a new guide that goes one character at a time starting with my old main that I'm dropping for the big man himself, Quan god damn Chi.

Through this thread I will be tearing this character apart stab by stab.
First I d have to say sorry to @STB Shujinkydink @Insuperable and @Under_The_Mayo .

Ok let's get started!

Punishes:

Ground Brust: what out for this move as it might not look like much, it's a lot bigger of a deal then you might think it to be. The reason why is, Jason can not punish this move if he is ducking for a possible MB. The punishes we do have though are: B122 which leads to 34% no meter and 37% with meter, but this is a one frame punish, so if you want to be safe about it just go for 111 into tackle for armor set-up 111, bf2 for mix-up and 111, df1 mainly for damage.

Btw thoughs B122 combos go like this: B122, F42, F42, 111xxdf1 for 34% same combo just MB the last part for 37%.

Skull: Skull is negative 20 on block close up, but really what Quan player is going to do that move right in your face?
There is some things that Jason players should take note of. Like, if you block a far skull you don't have time to do a machete toss and it really wouldn't do any good because there's so many thing Quan could do before the start-up of that move even comes out. Your best option isjust to keep moving forward to get in on your opponent. another tip is, if you block a skull a lot of Quans' will do a ground pound, the only two ways to get out of this is to: one jump forward or run not dash if you dash you'll be hit.

If a Quan for some reason dosn't care about frames you can punish the skull with F42,and I think we all know what that can lead to by now, but watch ouut if they do mb skull that's plus 17.

Sky drop and sky crush: right off the bat this move can be punished by F42, but let's more focus on sky crush scince that's Quan's only Armor move. this move can be pretty much never even thought about again with 122 on wake-up and even better B122. Plus I found this!

Air skull and mb air skull: So there is a couple things I would like to talk about in this part like the godlike sweep, Jasons tackle, and piller mind games (all of these subjects are referring to what can happen after a air skull). Will start with the sweep, so the sweep is good if you know the opponent is going to throw out another high skull but there is a lot of risk in this, for one what if they throw out a MB skull, well now you have to deal with a armor aura or even better a bat. In the end it's just a read you'll be making.
Piller mind game can be nasty again you'll be epecting a aura or bat after, or even better, if they MB it that's a trance set-up with bat or aura again. A very big step in the right derection is, just to start calling the air skull and rush in. If you have to take the the air skull a very good option would be to just MB tackle throught the pressure. A lot of what i just talked about can also be said for mb air skull (trust me there pretty much the same thing, so don't be scared if you get hit by it up close. PUNISH THAT SHIT!)

STRING and NORMAL PUNISHES
F2122- can be punished by 111 do bf2 at the end for mix up or tackle for armor
B2- B122
B324- B122
B32- B122
B3- B122
21- B122
12- B122
F4D4- B122
F1- B122

Dealing with the Aura
The best way to deal with the aura if you want to go in is to jump a lot while you're close to the opponent using jump two then go for a overhead or low into command grab to hit the opponent out of the aura. If the aura is behind the opponent again go for a hit confirm in to the grab so your combo doesn't drop and you just hit your opponent far away from the aura.
Again if the opponent has you in the corner and has the set-up going try to get that one hit of the armor off with a poke into DF1 to get that pressure off you.

Dealing with the bat
What a lot of people don't realize is from far range you can jump the bat a lot of the time, first you need a little time to plan the jump or more or less just not be in block stun. A big thing with Jason is that armor buff for the sommoner match-up if you make the bat wiff, it's armor time. Plus I do have a bunch of safe armor set-ups I'm working on to put it in one big video. butthat's for later. Just keep trying to make the bat wiff, so Quan has to deal with the reovery and do your Jason thing.

So If you guys like this kind of thing I'll start to work on the whole cast. Just let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Yeah, you probably should level up that grammar but your guide game is strong. You've put some effort into this and it shows. I like the fact that, as an average/mediocre Quan player, this gives me insight into punishing shit I wouldn't necessarily consider myself.

Just keep trying to make the bat wiff, so Quan has to deal with the reovery and do your Jason thing.
which recovery are u refeering to? Quan's Manbat does his own thing.

What a lot of people don't realize is from far range you can jump the bat a lot of the time
Quan can bait you in doing so to get you with a sky drop while the bat is on his way + if you try to forward or back jump it = MB Trance

anyway good post

macro

Eezeepeezee
which recovery are u refeering to? Quan's Manbat does his own thing.

Quan can bait you in doing so to get you with a sky drop while the bat is on his way + if you try to forward or back jump it = MB Trance

anyway good post
I'm talking about the recovery after the bat wiffs, you have to wait to get another one.