What's new

Tech How to reverse wake ups MIDSCREEN.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Last night I went in the lab to see if this was possible. (Drunk as fuck too lol) and i found a practical way of doing this. Doesn't work w 100% of wake ups, but all invincible wake ups will whiff (GL lantern might trades some times, mostly in his favor) anyway the inputs:

Starter xx df2mb, b3, j2~dash under~113

After 113 immediately dash and do regular flip kick. This not only reverses the way the wake ups face, it also reverses inputs if timed correctly. If they choose to wake up it whiffs, NW punishes appropriately. If they don't wake up they have to block, if not eat the damage. NW can MB the flip kick if he makes a correct read, and do the set up again.

I'll make a video of this asap.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Last night I went in the lab to see if this was possible. (Drunk as fuck too lol) and i found a practical way of doing this. Doesn't work w 100% of wake ups, but all invincible wake ups will whiff (GL lantern might trades some times, mostly in his favor) anyway the inputs:

Starter xx df2mb, b3, j2~dash under~113

After 113 immediately dash and do regular flip kick. This not only reverses the way the wake ups face, it also reverses inputs if timed correctly. If they choose to wake up it whiffs, NW punishes appropriately. If they don't wake up they have to block, if not eat the damage. NW can MB the flip kick if he makes a correct read, and do the set up again.

I'll make a video of this asap.
It sounds interesting! Can they roll back after the 113?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
NW has lots of setups like this.

I'll have some of my own posted soon, but this a good start for anybody messing around with these kinds of setups.

This sounds interesting, but for every reset, Do this on black Adam's lightning cage killer frost slide, zod dash, and bat girl kart wheel and check the risk reward. Sides that good find, just if g.l LM trades, those would probably flat out win.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Well zod dash completely wiffs, no punish. BA lighting cage wins, but you'd utilize a safe jump to conquer that, or atleast OS. Killer frost slide wiffs, same w batgirl. Jus no punish, it plays into a mind game tho. Also doing this correctly will reverse inputs, 9/10 a player is either waiting on wake up to block, or utilize a wake up attack. Therefore if they are inputting their wake up, not realizing its reversed, they will get hit with this set up. You can delay MB on flip kick, although the window is tight its possible to make the read and continue accordingly. Hope this helps, its late so excuse my sloppy grammar and what not lol

No complaints still a good find, those are the same on g.l so I figured same results would apply, it only makes since. Plus it could easily be a baited crouch to grab on the wakeup happy. Which would leave Ares shazam d.s as the only ones that would still either block free punish or neutralize the reset. 2 of which you never try to reset anyway. Can't wait to see it in play.

Noob
hmmm wierd either my timing is off witch i dout it or this doesnt work in normal trainning mode by myself... Flipkick is wiffing when they get up and on wake ups he is hitting me o the correct side but i guess this is just the trainning mode wake up system that does that

EDIT: flip kick MB hits, maybe cause the hitbox is bigger.. normal one is still whiffing on diferent timings

Im trying your setup off the b2 but in the 113 string the 3 keeps on whiffing, (i have my dummy as superman). Is this character specific or is my timing just wrong.