What's new

Guide "How to Put a Smile on That Face!"; A Joker Guide

Let's not pretend Grundy isn't a good character. When played properly he is a force to be reckoned with. He simply requires good reads. Like Joker, he is a balanced character in a game of broken bullshit lol.
Definitely, Grundys a great character. All I was saying was that tech was very situational

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well that's super viable isn't it
Considering it works in just about every corner for a guaranteed reset combo (But less effectively since there won't be a laser) and with multiple interactibles, yeah, it could end up useful.

EDIT:

Let's not pretend Grundy isn't a good character. When played properly he is a force to be reckoned with. He simply requires good reads. Like Joker, he is a balanced character in a game of broken bullshit lol.
I'm not quite so sure actually... I don't think he's a BAD character per se, but grab immunity really hurts him and the fact that he relies on chip trait in certain matchups is a hinderance. I could definitely see him being somewhere in the bottom 5. That said there's really only 1-2 characters I would consider actually "unviable".

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Which characters do you think are worse than Joker?
Like I said before, I like to think of the game in 3-4 tier (high, mid, low, and maybe top pending we don't find ways to deal with a couple characters a bit better).
Characters that I think are roughly on par with Joker, maybe a bit worse maybe a bit better, are Ares, Catwoman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Nightwing, and Scorpion. All of these characters can be difficult to deal with if you aren't familiar with the matchup, but can be exploited pretty easily when you do (well, if you have the tools to do so in the matchup that is). I can't speak for the other characters, but knowing what I do about Joker, I think he might be in that mid tier rather than the low tier, but I'd need to play several matchups more to know for sure.

StevoSuprem0

I'm not quite so sure actually... I don't think he's a BAD character per se, but grab immunity really hurts him and the fact that he relies on chip trait in certain matchups is a hinderance. I could definitely see him being somewhere in the bottom 5. That said there's really only 1-2 characters I would consider actually "unviable".
Have you fought any that are good at knowing when you cancel walking corpse and when not to? It's always a guessing game, and a very dangerous one at that. For our matchup specifically, his air grab severely hurts a big part of our game. I haven't fought Tyrant, but I fight a certain someone that lose 4-5 to him in a FT5, so I think I'm starting to understand it, and there is no guaranteed option when you see him WCC at you. Just a scary guess, though the risk-reward is a pretty even spread for us.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Have you fought any that are good at knowing when you cancel walking corpse and when not to? It's always a guessing game, and a very dangerous one at that. For our matchup specifically, his air grab severely hurts a big part of our game. I haven't fought Tyrant, but I fight a certain someone that lose 4-5 to him in a FT5, so I think I'm starting to understand it, and there is no guaranteed option when you see him WCC at you. Just a scary guess, though the risk-reward is a pretty even spread for us.
I sadly have not. I've played a couple of decent ones, but no one near Tyrant's level.
However, you are wrong about having no options for the WCC. BF3 is grab immune for a good portion of the move, and if you throw it right as he's about to cancel, it forces him to block if he cancels while making the grab whiff and hitting him (For damage; still gets armored) if he goes for the grab. I actually went into training mode to find what we could do to stop it when Tyrant made the post about how every character can disrespect WCC with grab immune moves.

StevoSuprem0

I sadly have not. I've played a couple of decent ones, but no one near Tyrant's level.
However, you are wrong about having no options for the WCC. BF3 is grab immune for a good portion of the move, and if you throw it right as he's about to cancel, it forces him to block if he cancels while making the grab whiff and hitting him (For damage; still gets armored) if he goes for the grab. I actually went into training mode to find what we could do to stop it when Tyrant made the post about how every character can disrespect WCC with grab immune moves.
Both crowbar and standing 3 are throw immune, but it's still a guess as to when you use them. If he cancels into 11 or d2 or whatever else before that or while you are winding either one up, you're gonna eat some hefty damage. Best way I've found to eliminate the guess is to throw teeth while he is WCC at you, because whether he finishes it or cancels it, he has to respect the teeth. However, we don't get anything out of that in a trade. We get more damage in most scenarios, but it's slight. And this is just one aspect of the fight lol. "Injustice has no depth..." Get the fuck outta here people :p

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Both crowbar and standing 3 are throw immune, but it's still a guess as to when you use them. If he cancels into 11 or d2 or whatever else before that or while you are winding either one up, you're gonna eat some hefty damage. Best way I've found to eliminate the guess is to throw teeth while he is WCC at you, because whether he finishes it or cancels it, he has to respect the teeth. However, we don't get anything out of that in a trade. We get more damage in most scenarios, but it's slight. And this is just one aspect of the fight lol. "Injustice has no depth..." Get the fuck outta here people :p
Just went into training mode again to double check this since you made me doubt myself, but yeah, if you time it right he has to block. The term doesn't quite fit since it's not a knockdown, but time it so it hits him meaty as he's canceling the walk.

I do like the idea of throwing teeth though; hadn't thought to do that.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Or, he can wc cancel to wcc 112 swamp hands
I didn't think to try that, but is there no gap in the armor when you do that? I ask because if there is a gap then this shouldn't work since he cancels into an active hitbox.
That said it's retardedly late and I'm not going to test this right now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I didn't think to try that, but is there no gap in the armor when you do that? I ask because if there is a gap then this shouldn't work since he cancels into an active hitbox.
That said it's retardedly late and I'm not going to test this right now.
I don't think so.

Plop

Noob
Well, Scorpion and Cyborg take bottom two for sure. Personally I'd put Grundy or Ares after that. Then again, both of those characters got some really nasty tech discovered recently, so what do I know?
Yeah i totally agree with scorpion and cyborg. I almost wrote that in my post actually lol

StevoSuprem0

@STORMS @AK RM Blake
Hey guys, can one of you remove the "by StevoSuprem0" from the end of the title? I didn't notice that it got added when it got front paged, and just kind of a pet peeve of mine. Thanks!