What's new

How to properly punish after the block ?

ok guys, I was trying to figure out when, and how to punish after the block...

first option, as soon as first kick is blocked, I do my standard 2 2 ice ball (as sub zero) and it works fine. But sometimes my reaction is too slow and I am not able to punish right after first kick was blocked. So when is second chance to punish ? Do I need to wait opponent's string to end up and than try to block first hit of the next string ? Becouse, if I try to punish, I get so many hits and opponet is trowing so many hits on me, and I don't know my way out :(

Can someone explain this, and sry for noob question. This is my first fighting game.

ok guys, I was trying to figure out when, and how to punish after the block...

first option, as soon as first kick is blocked, I do my standard 2 2 ice ball (as sub zero) and it works fine. But sometimes my reaction is too slow and I am not able to punish right after first kick was blocked. So when is second chance to punish ? Do I need to wait opponent's string to end up and than try to block first hit of the next string ? Becouse, if I try to punish, I get so many hits and opponet is trowing so many hits on me, and I don't know my way out :(

Can someone explain this, and sry for noob question. This is my first fighting game.
What move are you blocking is there one specifically that your having trouble with ?

Punishing is a huge part of any fighting game. But it's very character specific. Every character can be punished but to varying degrees and is also move depenent. Some moves you can punish with more severity then others. It takes some practice and maybe alittle research to know which moves can be punished and how to maximize the damage from said punish. So when asking about proper punishment, ask with a certain move or combo string in mind and we would be glad to help the best we can.

well, it was vs Scorpions , mostly... he is just spaming his regular strings and specials, and if i don't block his teleport , he is constanly making pressure on me.

What should I aim to block and punish? And how do i deal with his hit strings? He was constanly doing his jab hits and I can't get away...

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Work on using low pokes. D+4 and the like. If he's pressuring with 22 on block, duck between the strings and kick his ankles with d+4, a couple quick pokes will push them back and either force them to try jump in, out or crouchblock. In either case your options are much better. If the jump out, you've got range, if they try to jump in or cross you up; anti-air, or if they turtle down to block the low pokes, dash up n throw them. But be careful if they try to rush back in while you are crouched down, they could very well bait a crouch block out of you, and throw you, or worse yet, hit you with an overhead and pop you up.These are just a few options for that situation. Hope this helped man.

-b_s- :headbang: