What's new

Question - Reptile How to handle low block?

skcuf

Noob
How the hell do you go about handling a person who constantly blocks low against reptile? I can't figure it out because the only overheads I know of are F412, B2, DB4. Am I missing something? The first two require you to be right on top of the person and the last is so slow they can stand up as soon as they see the flip...

What do I do?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Why does this seem to be a problem between reptile players. Just over head them till they decide to actually guess on the knock down 50/50.

If they keep blocking low do over head.
Of they keep blocking over head do low.

skcuf

Noob
I was trying to do run B2 last night against a Sonya player but she kept grabbing me with her ankles and throwing me overhead. Maybe it was an execution error on my part but I couldn't find a way in.

Notez4

Noob
I was trying to do run B2 last night against a Sonya player but she kept grabbing me with her ankles and throwing me overhead. Maybe it was an execution error on my part but I couldn't find a way in.
are you keeping the pressure up with your down 4s?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
@skcuf I can understand the problem. b2's drawback is it's very short range.
Once you get in, be sure to abuse it.

As for opening the opponent up, don't forget about your projectiles and throws. If your opponent wants to go ahead and turtle with the life lead, feel free to build meter and then go in.

Notez4

Noob
I absolutely am not. This is my first fighting game so I'm still learning what to do. I never jump either which I'm beginning to think is a problem seeing as how everyone I come across seems to have learned how to play from kangaroos.
Down 4 is pretty much the universal footsie tool. bully them with it. on hit run in and pressure and on block respect your negative frames. run in d4 is viable. you have to teach your opponent to respect your options before you start going in for the mixups. i dont really play reptile so unfortunately i cant give specifics.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I absolutely am not. This is my first fighting game so I'm still learning what to do. I never jump either which I'm beginning to think is a problem seeing as how everyone I come across seems to have learned how to play from kangaroos.
Jesus wasn't this quotable. I am getting this tattooed.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm just here to quote this post because it's godlike.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
How the hell do you go about handling a person who constantly blocks low against reptile? I can't figure it out because the only overheads I know of are F412, B2, DB4. Am I missing something? The first two require you to be right on top of the person and the last is so slow they can stand up as soon as they see the flip...

What do I do?