Video/Tutorial How to get out of Superman Breath loop

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
MB f3/b3
double dash but can't punish due to slow recovery
trade with d1
Push block
Take breath
EDIT: Flash's uppercut lowers his hitbox making f2 whiff completely!!!
EDIT: Uppercut video punish

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Didn't make sense to me but I tried it over and over and I couldn't beat it clean with superman. Maybe I'm crazy...
Dude i just tested it with another person flash's uppercut lowers his hitbox causing the f2 to whiff. It actually works lol. If flash whiffs the uppercut and u try to whiff punish with f2 the f2 misses completely.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I'll have to try the d2 thing. So far it seems like b3/f3 was the best option. At least Flash builds a lot of meter from doing those trait combos with all the lightning kicks.

I'm bout to try some of these other things, but man, even just watching that training video turns me into a crybaby. I have to play like a goddamn scientist to even get in on someone during a fight, meanwhile superman can do braindead stuff like f23 breath over and over and it's that effective! D'ah well. Thanks for the vid.

AYSAMO

Noob
d2 is your best option to make superman respect you. once he stops looping pressure it actually gets harder to deal with lol. 1 bad read and you eat a f2 again. Also, I saw you double backdash out of that loop, is that actually possible or is that recording of the loop not frame perfect? Because I have tried so hard to get that to work and the second dash gets hit by the second input of f23 every time.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
d2 is your best option to make superman respect you. once he stops looping pressure it actually gets harder to deal with lol. 1 bad read and you eat a f2 again. Also, I saw you double backdash out of that loop, is that actually possible or is that recording of the loop not frame perfect? Because I have tried soack hard to get that to work and the second dash gets hit by the second input of f23 every time.
I think the double backdash is like a just frame since it recovers so slow. If you notice in the vid after i backdashed twice and once i still coulnt even attack cause of the bad recovery. And i had trouble even doing it

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Just played with the d2 thing for a bit. As long as superman is looping that string on you (and doesn't like, just walk backwards after his breath) it's pretty solid. I was doing d2 xx trait to get out of the loop. Very cool.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Helion_96
Yeah.. Anti-Superman is the first thing I always test when picking up a character. I remember using Supes against Lethal LEGEND in tournament thinking to myself "I hope he doesn't know about D2." at the second WNF tournament.. lol..

I remember if you time F23 Breath into F23 Breath perfectly though Flash's D1 wiffs because of the hitbox and you get punished. You might want to test that again to be sure...

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
@Helion_96
Yeah.. Anti-Superman is the first thing I always test when picking up a character. I remember using Supes against Lethal LEGEND in tournament thinking to myself "I hope he doesn't know about D2." at the second WNF tournament.. lol..

I remember if you time F23 Breath into F23 Breath perfectly though Flash's D1 wiffs because of the hitbox and you get punished. You might want to test that again to be sure...
I went out of my way to make sure i got it close to the frame as possible. You gotta d1 the exact frame the f2 connects its hard keep trying

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I went out of my way to make sure i got it close to the frame as possible. You gotta d1 the exact frame the f2 connects its hard keep trying
Yeah. I kinda thought you had to delay it, but didn't put in the time since I wasn't using this character as a main after I played the GL match up. I think delaying the D1 is really not worth it.... lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
D2 in general is better than d1 when defending against f23 for a number of characters. GL d2 is good for this as well.