What's new

How To Get "My Kung Fu Is Strong/er" Trophies On PSN

iammud

Noob
So I'm determined to get the My Kung Fu Is Stronger trophy before anyone else (that is if no one has got it yet). For those of us who don't run local matches, and only play online, this challenge will be very difficult. However, I've found some tricks to make things easier. This all might seem like a waste of time, but I'm using this now instead of training mode, so it's not so bad.

First you'll need a second controller to select 2 player mode. Go to options, and set the timer to unlimited. Select a 2v2 tag match, double up on your characters, and let it sit for 24hrs. This will do 2 characters in 1 day. Mind that each match has to be finished to receive the time; so don't exit out of the match (I'm pretty convinced you have to exit through character select after you've won the match). These 24 hr run times will also give you time to do all the xrays, pints of blood shed, and fatalities.
*note that ps3 idle shutdown times will affect the saving of this if you let it sit too long.

Edit - you can do tag training mode, set the AI to expert, so it rotates characters over and over.

Now you'll need to do 150 xrays per character. Set your VS code to 466-466 (unlimited meter). You can do somewhere around 40 xrays per tag match, depending on the character. I just swap the characters, and controllers around, until I've done the max amount of xrays.

For the 100 fatalities you'll just have to bite the bullet and do them the normal way. You can use 110-000 (or 000-110) code to drop life to quarter health, that way you can get to the fatality quicker.

The solution for the required pints of blood is to put on health recovery (012 012) and just fight back and forth using the moves that shed the most blood.

Any insight on an easier way to get 100 fatalities would be great!

PS I found a little krypt trick I figure some of you would like to know. If you select the map, then locate yourself in a region, it will automatically take you to the lowest number krypt. So for ps3 if you hit triangle (map button), x (on the region you want), then mash x, and repeat over and over again, you can unlock the entire krypt in about 10 minutes.

does that actually work? the part about leaving them in 2 on 2 for 12 hours?

i tried it earlier and my 2nd controller turned off cuz it was away

These two and play through expert with out continuing(not that its super difficult but i just havent done it yet) are the only three achievements i need to get, but about the Kung Fu achievements i think they are a little bit tedious,-672 hours just to get part of the achievement ??

iammud

Noob
RollTide8569 said:
does that actually work? the part about leaving them in 2 on 2 for 12 hours?

i tried it earlier and my 2nd controller turned off cuz it was away
Ok, I was mislead, it doesn't count 2nd player times. However, you can get 2 player's 24hr times at once at least. It also doesn't matter if your controller is on or off for it to count p1.

RollTide8569 said:
on xbox, when a controller is away or off it pauses the game. It might not work for xbox, i dunno.
I use a wireless to play, and a wired to do this - that way it doesn't turn off. The trick to get both characters working is to put the training AI on Expert so they knock your current fighter out when his or her lifebar expires.

The bloodbath I woke up to was quite hysterical to say the least.

iammud

Noob
TerryMasters said:
The trick to get both characters working is to put the training AI on Expert so they knock your current fighter out when his or her lifebar expires.
Wait does training time count as play time per character, or is this just for blood shed? I didn't think it counted as playtime.

*edit - from the looks of things it only counts as playtime. It doesn't add any blood on.

2nd edit- ahh I see what you mean now, tag practice. I wish this took blood too, ugh. Plus any tag mode counts both tag team partner's times, I'm pretty sure.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Im one of the biggest trophy whores on this site. I can tell you right now that I am NOT going to boost for these trophies. They are a complete and utter waste of time. I've seen some games that really make you grind for trophies, but this is a bigger joke than FF13.

iammud

Noob
DCIguy said:
Im one of the biggest trophy whores on this site. I can tell you right now that I am NOT going to boost for these trophies. They are a complete and utter waste of time. I've seen some games that really make you grind for trophies, but this is a bigger joke than FF13.
Are you saying that the trophies are too hard, or too easy?

I'm only boosting to get the 24hr playtimes, and some fatal/xray stuff for the characters I don't use. I may go all the way, and try to boost for an early completion. However, the rest of the stats are easy to fill with natural game play. I don't need 24hrs per character for that.

the tag training mode does add playing time to the characters, i just checked!

yea if u can knock out the play time for all the characters then it should be a piece of cake!