What's new

How to Fight the Big Red Potato: Helping You Find Answers

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hello everyone! Seeing as how Atrocitus seems to be the most hated character next to Aquaman and Black Adam right now, I figured I would shed some light on how you can combat this disgustingly potato character. Come join me on a fantastic journey to "Answersville" where all your questions, have answers. Let's go!

Punishing Puddle With Trait Out
This is probably the most important thing to know about this MU. Every character in the game can punish this for a bar. From the GL's to the Scarecrows, MB B3 will punish puddle cleanly, every time, even if Atrocitus has Dex out. In fact I encourage you to punish this with normal B3 when Dex ISN'T out. It's most likely your most damaging punish so get out there and bop him! (Video Example)

Now even if they use shield, this is still punishable by MB B3 and actually if they do Shield too early you can just regularly punish it. You'll have to learn the timings and such since it's on a character to character basis but I have faith you can find your answer.

Punishing Overhead with Trait Out
DISCLAIMER: This only works on slightly delayed orbs. Does not work on shields or perfectly timed orbs (but a lot of Atrocitus players love to delay orbs for some reason. Guess they want to catch you pressing buttons.)

If you catch Atrocitus doing delayed Orbs after overhead, you can tag them with a D2 or some sweeps and trade with the orb. This resets the neutral and is even sometimes a favorable trade for you. (Video Example)

Efficiently Pushblock Dex
If you guess correctly, and want to pushblock, remember you can pushblock Dex Starr's plus frames. If you do this, pushes Atros back (obviously) and depletes Dex Starr's bar by half. I know that Pushblock is normally used as a way to try and avoid guessing entirely, but this is simply another option for you when fighting this character.
(Video Example)

More anti-atros tech to come. These are simply some examples. Enjoy, good luck.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Make sure to start out blocking F2 string low so you don't get caught out by F2 or F22 nado.

Learn what trait summons are safe.

Poke out or backdash out of f123 between the 2nd and 3rd hit.

Most of his stuff is death on whiff so punish that (granted his range is so good that it's hard for most characters to whiff punish).

Hello everyone! Seeing as how Atrocitus seems to be the most hated character next to Aquaman and Black Adam right now, I figured I would shed some light on how you can combat this disgustingly potato character. Come join me on a fantastic journey to "Answersville" where all your questions, have answers. Let's go!

Punishing Puddle With Trait Out
This is probably the most important thing to know about this MU. Every character in the game can punish this for a bar. From the GL's to the Scarecrows, MB B3 will punish puddle cleanly, every time, even if Atrocitus has Dex out. In fact I encourage you to punish this with normal B3 when Dex ISN'T out. It's most likely your most damaging punish so get out there and bop him! (Video Example)

Now even if they use shield, this is still punishable by MB B3 and actually if they do Shield too early you can just regularly punish it. You'll have to learn the timings and such since it's on a character to character basis but I have faith you can find your answer.

Punishing Overhead with Trait Out
DISCLAIMER: This only works on slightly delayed orbs. Does not work on shields or perfectly timed orbs (but a lot of Atrocitus players love to delay orbs for some reason. Guess they want to catch you pressing buttons.)

If you catch Atrocitus doing delayed Orbs after overhead, you can tag them with a D2 or some sweeps and trade with the orb. This resets the neutral and is even sometimes a favorable trade for you. (Video Example)

Efficiently Pushblock Dex
If you guess correctly, and want to pushblock, remember you can pushblock Dex Starr's plus frames. If you do this, pushes Atros back (obviously) and depletes Dex Starr's bar by half. I know that Pushblock is normally used as a way to try and avoid guessing entirely, but this is simply another option for you when fighting this character.
(Video Example)

More anti-atros tech to come. These are simply some examples. Enjoy, good luck.
This is besides the point of the thread but I love the gear and colors on your Atrocitus - looks very true to the comics, what shader do you have on?)