What's new

Guide How to Fight Like a Child – Phase 3’s Shazam Primer

Shawi

Noob
This is my sacred book, i study this almost every day, but im still with troubles doing the Herculean Might move after 22 or f223 i have a lot of troubles seting the timing o even cant do the move well...any tips about this guys?
You mean the execution for the dbf1? Think of it as db f+1, that way you can slide the db then press f+1 and it comes out every time. Still a bit tough but keep practicing. In terms of getting it after f223, the timing is strict - start inputting the HM as soon as shazam lads back to ground - trying to land AC however is much easier because it grabs low.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
What is his main pressure string? I've been using f223 when I'm in range, and I use b23 to get in. b23 is unsafe (-7 I believe), what have you guys been using?

SpoKEI

SHAZAM!!!
You mean the execution for the dbf1? Think of it as db f+1, that way you can slide the db then press f+1 and it comes out every time. Still a bit tough but keep practicing. In terms of getting it after f223, the timing is strict - start inputting the HM as soon as shazam lads back to ground - trying to land AC however is much easier because it grabs low.
Thanks man, im practicing as much as i can the hm with 22, i try with f223 too, thanks for the advice!

I have not seen a post here for a while, but wanted to ask if HM is still inescapable after the patch that removed OTGs. Also I am considering exploring Shazam because I think he has the tools to be an uber Tier as well. I am a Flash player and want to expand my Roster a bit. Also, if it still works is the HM require a hardknockdown in general? So I could use interact to set it up possibly?

Conner

Beast Boy Activist

This. That was probably the most use full tip I've ever came across on this website. I felt like that move whiffed all of the time until I thought of it like db-then f1.

Shawi

Noob
This. That was probably the most use full tip I've ever came across on this website. I felt like that move whiffed all of the time until I thought of it like db-then f1.
Glad to help! It took me sooooo long to think of it like that, but it basically becomes like a standard two directional command.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This thread is great. Helped me a lot in starting to learn this character. I was really sad to find out his AA game really was absent though. I really dig the b2 approaches and 2,2 jailing into 50/50 though. Here's hoping I can learn this character.

Wish his MB bolt had been sped up during the patch. Poor guy has nearly no use for it.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
This thread is great. Helped me a lot in starting to learn this character. I was really sad to find out his AA game really was absent though. I really dig the b2 approaches and 2,2 jailing into 50/50 though. Here's hoping I can learn this character.

Wish his MB bolt had been sped up during the patch. Poor guy has nearly no use for it.

MB bolt is pretty much useless unless somebody is stuck blocking low near the end of a round. Then the chip can be worthwhile and it can mind-fuck them into moving

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Don't know if this is common knowledge, but HM can punish any whiffed normal. Standing, jumping, and crouching doesn't matter. If the opponent whiffs a normal attack and you can react to it in time the HM will connect.

Don't know if this is common knowledge, but HM can punish any whiffed normal. Standing, jumping, and crouching doesn't matter. If the opponent whiffs a normal attack and you can react to it in time the HM will connect.
its pretty good to know how to whiff punish manhunter limbs with HM. Some attacks however have throw immunity tho and cant be thrown. I believe most if not all b3 and f3's cant be thrown for example

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
its pretty good to know how to whiff punish manhunter limbs with HM. Some attacks however have throw immunity tho and cant be thrown. I believe most if not all b3 and f3's cant be thrown for example
The thing is they have to whiff their normals. You can't grab during the active frames of most normal attacks. Only the recovery frames. So if an opponent whiffs a d1 or d3 you can grab them on their recovery frames. If you grab them during their active frames you run the chance of being hit out of HM.

Gankula

Noob
Hey guys, don't know if it's common knowledge or not but be careful when trying to jail an opponent with 2,2. If they reversal the second hit of 2,2 you will not be able to grab them at all since reversals gain throw immune.