What's new

How To Fight Against Reptile...

ChillGeorge507

Smooth Criminal
Hi, I'm having some problems fighting online and offline against that character, anyone knows about his weakness? Or the proper way to punish him? in every aspect...

NKZero

Noob
Hi, I'm having some problems fighting online and offline against that character, anyone knows about his weakness? Or the proper way to punish him? in every aspect...
Ok with this match-up you have to punish Reptile for every slow zoning tool he throws out. Spit comes out fast but it has a lot of recovery so I wouldn't recommend trying to instant air teleport it every time. The key is the instant air teleport. An anti-zoning tool that in effect will shut down half of Reptile's game. You can do it on forceballs for sure and punish him for full combo.

You have a 6 frame jab which is great for punishing a blocked elbow dash for example but when you are both at neutral (i.e. nobody has advantage), then you must respect his elbow dash because the 6 frame special will always beat a 6 frame poke. Don't be afraid to zone sometimes in this match-up but try to avoid using too many up missiles. Homing missile is very good at keeping Reptile off balance and keeping him from playing at a frenetic pace.

Don't throw out too many flamethrowers either unless you see Reptile jumping in since he can punish with the elbow dash. Your best bet for creating space is using B1. Use F2 as well to close down space. If you use F2, let's say Reptile goes for a dash because he anticipates you are going to use your standing 1, block and punish. Then when he respects it, it opens up your offensive tools.

The key in this match is being extremely patient. You outzone him and he cannot zone you but he can cause havoc up close if you are careless. The best punishing tool is standing 1 and B3 isn't too bad since it comes out in 12 frames. I stress the word patience. That's how you will win. By the way go to 'Sektor tournament footage' in these forums and you will see many videos of ikizzle playing against Reptile players in tournament. That should give you a good indication as to how it should be played.

Hope this helps :)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Another thing to consider is paying attention to Reptile's super meter. If for any reason he's trying to build meter for his x-ray, you got to find a way to make him burn it cause once he has full meter, NO MORE MISSILES. Otherwise you risk losing 33%.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Ask SwiftTomHanks

I have played him numerous times and he has also played THTB many times iirc. The matchup is 5-5 or maybe Sektor's favor. Reptile has an extremely difficult time getting in once Sektor starts zoning him out. Up close Reptile doesn't have much of an advantage, just don't spam flamethrowers because that is easily punished with elbow dash.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Ask SwiftTomHanks

I have played him numerous times and he has also played THTB many times iirc. The matchup is 5-5 or maybe Sektor's favor. Reptile has an extremely difficult time getting in once Sektor starts zoning him out. Up close Reptile doesn't have much of an advantage, just don't spam flamethrowers because that is easily punished with elbow dash.
I think it's a 5/5. If it's in anyone's favor on paper it would be Sektor. For whatever reason though, I've always had trouble with Reptile... lots. Between you, THTB, and my biggest horse head of all, Autro fucking Sanchez.

Keeping Reptile out is basic, you just shoot missiles as fast and as much as you can. You see reptile put a force ball on the screen, you must stop right away! That's about it for that fight.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You aren't keeping Reptile out with missiles. He'll just spit back and set up forceballs. I learned that Sektor doesn't outzone him.

It's 5-5 still, but that zoning advantage doesn't really exist lol.