What's new

How to fight against Cage - Offense and Frames breakdown

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Good stuff, Reo. Your videos are amazing, and you explain very well each gameplay particular detail. Your knowledge about frames (advantage and disadvantage) is top notch. :cool:

Glad that JC is receiving the attention he deserves, the character is cool, and pretty good , with real chances in tournaments. :cool:

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The funny thing about this is, even if you know all this like the back of your hand (which I do), it won't stop you from getting completely caged occasionally.

:(
Yep. I think the only way to beat Cage is with great footsies and spacing, no matter which character you play. I've learned that through playing him with Sub.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I second a video explaining frame data from scratch. If you could address things like advantage, + on block, block stun, start-up and all these technical terms with a video demonstration it would be really beneficial to casual players looking to step up their game into the competitive scene.

Thanks for this video, Reo. Your efforts are appreciated. You too Tom, don't let trolls discourage you. Just do your thing bro.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Nice explanation. I think some people know how to get out of these situations, it's just a matter of execution. People get hesitant and scared when facing Cage, causing them to freeze up and take it.

NariTuba

disMember
That is so inconsistent. Just like Double F+4's
i was counting on you practicing it, we talked about this when it came out... are you not getting it? i barely practiced it and im getting it 50% of the time. Pretty confident it can be bnb at this point... i doubt it would be a problem for reo. Not putting on blast tho, i suppose i could be wrong

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
i was counting on you practicing it, we talked about this when it came out... are you not getting it? i barely practiced it and im getting it 50% of the time. Pretty confident it can be bnb at this point... i doubt it would be a problem for reo
I practice it every time I play. Usually I get the 44 but sometimes the dash doesn't go long enough and it drops.

whats messed up about cage is that when you stand block the F3 to avoid the random adv bug when you crouch block, cage can still F33~en force ball or 11F1 and keep the adv.