What's new

How to escape pressure.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I have the same problem, most of the time i try EX Teleport but theres no armour on it so half the time it doesn't work and you end up wasting a bar -.-
Pretty sure ragdoll is a wakeup so EX Ragdoll might do the trick, I think im gonna go test that now...

SZSR

Noob
That :en Donkey Kick thing always seems to beat me when I get you guys in the corner.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
If you're dealing with lag you're basically fucked. I recall playing a liu kang that had me pinned against the wall and i had 3 bars first i tried an EX ragdoll to get out, he hit me out of it, then i tried EX teleport he hit me out of it and then i simply tried to jump it and he hit me out of it. I still don't know if it was the lag or if it indeed it's possible to hit cyrax out of them all.

Cyrax can be hit out of them all, they only have invincibility as wake up attacks. The only thing cyrax really has for getting out of pressure is well timed low 1s and 3s to create space. His low 4 is very long and I'd say is the optimal range you want people at for mounting a counter offensive

Cyrax can be hit out of them all, they only have invincibility as wake up attacks. The only thing cyrax really has for getting out of pressure is well timed low 1s and 3s to create space. His low 4 is very long and I'd say is the optimal range you want people at for mounting a counter offensive
Exactly this. I'm glad people are getting owned on wakeup, I said it before that his wakeup game was severely lacking and no one agreed.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
D+1, D+1, D+1 .... seriously. This and EN Reverse Kick on Wake-Up are your only viable options ... Cyrax is basically F'ed if he gets pushed in the corner.

So EX teleport only has armor as a wakeup attack? I've heard tom brady saying it has super armor and not only on wakeup.

So EX teleport only has armor as a wakeup attack? I've heard tom brady saying it has super armor and not only on wakeup.
I dunno about that, I've been hit out of it numerous times to the point where I only use ex teleport at all on wakeup if they re going for cross-over jump punch, but I'm pretty sure I've been ground poked out of it on more than one occasion.

Take what Tom Brady said about Cyrax in particular with a grain of salt. He mentioned that Cyrax has one of the better wakeup games in MK9, Which is quite frankly, pure BS. The only chance you have at wakeup with Cyrax is burning meter, and even then, not reliable. as for Ex teleport, I rarely use it, I too have been poked out of it, So I'm not seeing this super armor it allegedly has. His best option on wakeup if they're trying to rush you down is enhanced ragdoll. It hits low and almost always catches them if they're too agressive. However, this move can be low blocked or easily jumped over so use wisely. Ex teleport is good for stopping crossups. Other than those 2 don't use any other wakeup attacks, they suck. In fact, if you can prevent being rushed down and being on the floor do so to the best of your abilities. Once on the floor and cornered you're screwed, Cyrax's options are limited. In these situations d+1 or d+4 is great. D+4 has great range and recovery, great poke. You can also cancel the pokes into ragdoll for added pressure.

Theme

Noob
This dont belong in this thread, but whatevers...

I HATE CYRAX's TELEPORT. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT... Every time I do something, and he teleports, I stay at the place where the impact was. Like for example, for Sub Zeros slide, if I slide and he teleports, I will hit an invisible wall where he teleported, leaving me open for punishment where there shouldnt be. Same goes for Raiden's superman. GAWR

/rant. Thank you I feel much better =]

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I like when people say: One random net you're dead...well look at it this way push cyrax to the corner and it's game.

I HATE CYRAX's TELEPORT. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT... Every time I do something, and he teleports, I stay at the place where the impact was. Like for example, for Sub Zeros slide, if I slide and he teleports, I will hit an invisible wall where he teleported, leaving me open for punishment where there shouldnt be. Same goes for Raiden's superman. GAWR

I know exactly what you mean. That rarely happens though and the timing for the teleport has to be jedi. I've done it a few times accidentally against raidens superman. It completely whiffs and he bounces off an invisible barrier as If I blocked it leaving him open to punishment LOL It's happened against Scorpion too and some other teleporters. Other than that, don;t hate it, it's the shittiest teleport in the game. Against a skileld player it's a useless move that will guarantee you get comboed. I only use it when I net someone to build some more meter before comboing them.

I like when people say: One random net you're dead...well look at it this way push cyrax to the corner and it's game.
True that but getting Cyrax cornered ain't no easy task either. He's highly mobile and forces opponents to be move back and forth with bombs and nets. To beat Cyrax you gotta stay on him and rush him down to the floor. once you get him on the floor, keep the momentum going, there really isn't much he can do on wakeup.

NariTuba

disMember

My firend plays a good sektor. Ive been able to stuff both his teleport uppercut and homing missile with this. It is hard to do consistently tho I can´t say I have intensively practiced it.