What's new

How to deal with teleporters?

pulsiondemuerte

The Horror
Ok.

We know Freddy have great zoning skills, especially in my opinion with characters without teleport specials.
But, how Freddy must fight against a a teleporter?.
GT is forbidden avoiding teleports in reaction?. Ground spikes are still recommended?.
Should Freddy must only attack with footsies, NMS variations trying to setup mixups?.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ok.

We know Freddy have great zoning skills, especially in my opinion with characters without teleport specials.
But, how Freddy must fight against a a teleporter?.
GT is forbidden avoiding teleports in reaction?. Ground spikes are still recommended?.
Should Freddy must only attack with footsies, NMS variations trying to setup mixups?.
It depends on the match up.

Cyrax / Cyber Sub Zero / Rain - these three characters have fairly unsafe teleports. I think the best thing to do is to catch them AA with either 1 or d+1 and then try to juggle with f+4,2,1 afterwards. Uppercut also works well. Rain's EX teleport is not safe, but I am not certain whether f+4,2,1 punishes it. 1,1 xx close spike ought to work, though.

Cyblax - he has a teleport that functions very differently than Cyrax's version does. Cybax's teleport is safe and even invincible during the early frames. I have very little experience fighting against this character, but I suggest doing f+4,2,1 and then teleporting back or throwing. Again, make sure that you do not attack or throw Cyblax as soon as he appears because he is invincible.

Ermac - he has a basic teleport. The EX version juggles. When done instantly in the air, the teleport is slightly faster. Bait and punish with your best combo.

Kung Lao - teleport 3 jails Freddy because of his big crouching hitbox. The ideal solution is to dash forward in advance and punish the teleport while Kung Lao is recovering. You can punish with EX spike into JP, b+1,2,u+1, u+3, dash f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike. You can sometimes use sweet dreams to stop him from teleporting, but this is difficult to do. EX teleport has armor, so just jump away.

Mileena - she has the telekick and EX telekick which Freddy has to respect. You must bait both and punish correctly if you intend to beat this character. In order to punish the regular telekick, block standing and perform 1 xx EX spike JP, b+1,2,u+1, dash, u+3, dash f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike. In order to punish the EX telekick, block the second hit while crouching and either uppercut or d+1 xx GT. Also, spikes tend to interrupt her teleport out of the ground when done early.

Noob - bait and punish Noob's teleport with your best combo. When done early, sweet dreams can also stop his teleport.

Quan Chi - steer yourself back and forth because Quan Chi can position himself in front or behind you. If you block his teleport, punish with your best combo. The EX version is just as punishable as the regular version. Furthermore, Quan Chi is the only character in the game who can teleport in between rounds. If you beat him full screen away, he will automatically teleport to mid range. As far as I know, this is unavoidable.

Raiden - d+1, f+4,2,1, and JP are your best options in dealing with Raiden's teleport. JP is especially good because if it gets blocked, it leads to un-fuzzy-guardable albeit unsafe 50/50 mix up between b+2 and b+3 xx close ground spike, but EX ground spike is safe. If you jump back and JP connects, you cannot combo because of a glitch. Do not overcommit to f+4,2,1. If you are slightly late, Raiden can cross you up and punish you.

Scorpion - he has a teleport that is similar to Ermac's in terms of start up frames. The EX version gives advantage on block. Bait and punish the regular teleport with your best combo. Interrupt the EX teleport with d+1, and you can combo with f+4,2,1 if you are quick.

Sektor - do not zone full screen away. Instead, zone much closer, so the Sektor player cannot react to your fireballs. The regular teleport is very punishable, but the EX teleport is only -6. The best thing to do is to check him with d+1 afterwards. Also, spikes tend to interrupt his teleport out of the ground when done early.

Smoke - do not bother zoning this character at any time. Play footsies and attack when you get a chance. Freddy does not struggle vs Smoke's teleport or the shake, but the smoke cloud completely wrecks Freddy's zoning.

Make sure to repeat "Fools" a lot and I expect your TV to be decorated with bling.
He also needs to script it, use perfect grammar, and avoid using contractions. Words like "Fools", "Initiate", and "Preposterous" are preferred as well. Heck, while hes at It, he might as well tell me the difference between a "fan" and a "supporter".