What's new

Question - Ninjitsu How to deal with Kobu Tanya?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I need help, as a ninjutsu player I have trouble going up against Tanya as the title says. I can't seem to get out of her tonfu blockstring as I can't find a string in between or when she finishes her string as it i find it hard to punish effectively. Anyone have any advice against Kobu Tanya?

Azxrath.

Noob
Yes, because there are so many thing many of us took our time and wrote on how to deal with tanya kobu jutsu even @Pig Of The Hut has made threads and i made numorous threads, just take your time and look i
Probably, cant speak for the guy, just seemed ridiculous to jump on him for asking a question, you couldve just linked him to a thread or something.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Well, seeing as Scorpion is quite free to pressure, I'd suggest you pick Lao or Sub Zero.

Or wait till March 1st for ze nerfs.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Yes, because there are so many thing many of us took our time and wrote on how to deal with tanya kobu jutsu even @Pig Of The Hut has made threads and i made numorous threads, just take your time and look in forums... Very very lazy
instead of just being a dick maybe you could link him to the thread if it's so easy to find, or are you just very very lazy too? Here's pig anti-tanya tech video, dunno if it discusses scorpion's specific options in certain scenarios but I'm sure it would help regardless

Last edited:
instead of just being a dick maybe you could link him to the thread if it's so easy to find, or are you just very very lazy too? Here's pig anti-tanya tech video, dunno if it discusses scorpion's specific options in certain scenarios but I'm sure it would help regardless
I am not being a dick, it is a forum website am i right or wrong? You want to look for tech, guide, combos, mu etc... You go through the forums correct? People have waste their time on helping others by writing a lot of stuff on forums, so please do your research first and take your time.

To be fair. This has already been covered. NUMEROUS occasions. So this was pointless

Also I'm sure there will be more forums like this and more crying about her after her apparent nerfs.

Yet lao still lurks among the tanya bitching... thinking he's safe.

Tbh I would seriously just wait for nerfs. Tanya is kinda dumb right now for many reasons.

-Ex tonfa can jail sometimes.
-The rekka sometimes does not have a gap.
-The last hit of the rekka on block is -20ish. But it has pushback. It's really really really stupid. Ninjutsu can punish it with f2 sometimes. The third hit should have NO pushback at all or be at least -30 that way everyone can just easily walk up and full combo punish that abusable crap.

Kobu Jutsu just needs to have consistent weaknesses. Too many "sometimes". She can cancel her teleport with only half a stamina bar. Scorpion needs to have full stamina to cancel his. She's just stupid.

Tbh I would seriously just wait for nerfs. Tanya is kinda dumb right now for many reasons.

-Ex tonfa can jail sometimes.
-The rekka sometimes does not have a gap.
-The last hit of the rekka on block is -20ish. But it has pushback. It's really really really stupid. Ninjutsu can punish it with f2 sometimes. The third hit should have NO pushback at all or be at least -30 that way everyone can just easily walk up and full combo punish that abusable crap.

Kobu Jutsu just needs to have consistent weaknesses. Too many "sometimes". She can cancel her teleport with only half a stamina bar. Scorpion needs to have full stamina to cancel his. She's just stupid.
Really? I can't even

braandooon

I don't even know...
I need help, as a ninjutsu player I have trouble going up against Tanya as the title says. I can't seem to get out of her tonfu blockstring as I can't find a string in between or when she finishes her string as it i find it hard to punish effectively. Anyone have any advice against Kobu Tanya?
What you do is put your controller down, and order a pizza. Because fighting Tanya is pointless. Just kidding, utilize the 6f D1. I don't face many Tanya's, so I don't know what to tell you man.