What's new

Question - Kung Lao How to connect 22 after hat spin?

dmcare

Noob
After 300 hours in the game and still can't figure out how to connect 44 after hat spin. I can manage landing it every now and then but it has been infuriating inconsistent. I've tried looking for audio but haven't found anything solid. From my understanding you can mash 4 if you're fast enough, so speed is an important factor. Also does anyone know the amount of frames hat spin animation takes from hit to go back on Lao's head? Other than that I've got nothing.

So any contributions are greatly appreciated (cough cough F0xy Grampa).

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I get that most of it comes from sheer practice but I need some kind of cue to work with...
Don't mash it. If you are mashing 4 after the hat you WON'T get it. Try different timings until you get it. Once you find the window practice it until you get it consistently. There's nothing more I can tell you, it's sheer practice and muscle memory.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Not only is there a rhythm to it, there is also some visual assistance a la Sektor's jet pack in MK9.
After Lao executes the Orbiting Hat his front hand crosses over his body. When he pulls his hand back, that's when you push 44.

Lokheit

Noob
Strings like this or Kenjutsu unneccessary hard juggles make me wish the game had a controls option (like the button release or diagonal inputs options) to buffer buttons so the last one pressed is used as soon as the character is allowed to act and you don't need to guess the exact point of a 2 frames window in the middle of multiple animation frames. If it's supposed to connect it shouldn't be hard for some characters and easy to others.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
But seriously theres a rhythim to it. The way i practice was to hit the lab and do B2xxHS 44 "not sure what the input for the OH is" until you see the combo connect in the side. Also ive yet to hit it online so theres that to.

Tweedy

Noob
I used to land it 2 out of 10 times in practice mode.

Now I land it under any circumstance online 8/10 times.

Practice boyz.