What's new

Question How to beat noob saibot spammers??

Honfar

Noob
I played this guy yesterday, whooped him with sz a few times. Then. He picks noob. Constant shadow projectiles and if I jump them I get a nice shadow knee to da face. How can I beat people like this??

Kuai Liang

Tundra
You can easily trade Ice Ball with a shadow Noob throws. He recovers too slow and you get a free combo while he gets nothing. When your in range and he throws a shadow(anything but upknee), you get an easy jump in. Once you get Noob in the corner he's done. Just need to be wary of Upknee wakeup.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Get about 3/4 of the screen away, anticipate the shadow, and trade with the iceball. You will still get hit, but you will be able to recover and dash to him for a 2,1,4, Ice Slide (or what ever you want to do) and will win the trade everytime.

Once you have the Noob player second guessing throwing out shadows.. youve already won.

Bubble

Noob
Another tip...

If you are hit by one of his shadows and he immediately throws out another you must block it. If you try to jump or trade it will cancel your Ice-blast or hit you when you try to jump it. So block the next shadow and then dash/trade.

sLeeK

Noob
Off topic question.. How do you cancel out of subs B+2? I remember watching toms video and I think he press back back or forward forward? I can't seem to pull it off.. it's probably strict timing? Reason for posting this in here is because well this is a new thread, the other one is kind of old :\

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Make sure you are holding the 2. Dont let go. While you hold it then dash forward and do anything. 22 freeze? 214 slide? Whatever string you like out of the dash

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Yeah, I always forget that. If you let go of 2, he'll release the charge right? I hardly ever use B2 since now everyone jumps over it so I guess I should start dash canceling it.

Massicus

Noob
Said by people already but.
If he isn't holding block and just spamming clones, shoot an iceball.
Noob clone = 9% ? you hiting him with an iceball is a 23% combo+ you're closer to him, don't get hit by wake-up clones though.

For Sleek 2 people explained it to me how to do it in the sub-zero Tom show us how to ??? thread (last page)
I think you needed to let go of back (when doing b2) and then dash while still holding 2.

I don't think I ever lost to a noob saibot because people playing them are enraged by the losses :) and forget to block.
when you're facing a noob upclose who's blocking your iceballs+slides and doing his combo's+ zoning, that is scary
(but nobody does this except for rip)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
How so? I would like a little more explanation then that. Just not doing it quick enough.
Go into practise and set the dummy to jump. You want to get your timing down so that the dummy is barely getting off the floor when he's refrozen by the fully charged b2. If they're jumping over you, your timing is just wrong at the moment.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. It's hard to judge sometimes online.
sorry it was early :). Sals idea works.... online its tough to always judge. Online I always do the 50/50 first... if they refreeze then I just assume they don't know what is happening.
If they don't... I just wait long... so that they unfreeze and stand there. If they jump it... then obviously they know whats up. That is when you dash cancel... or do the "Tom Brady" and let go sooner and then 2,2 while they are in shock.

Honfar

Noob
you can't jump out if you time it right

Yeah, I always forget that. If you let go of 2, he'll release the charge right? I hardly ever use B2 since now everyone jumps over it so I guess I should start dash canceling it.
after the freeze, dash then wait like half a second then start the b2, when I'm online i just dash then b2 cuz of the lag and thanks for the tips guys

sz22

Noob
I know you're only talking about projectiles but in case he decides to do a teleport attack this is how to punish him:
Block the teleport, then do back+1, 2, freeze, 22, slide. Put the pressure on him once he gets up and don't let up. If you manage to get him into a corner do one of these combos: 214, freeze, 214 slide (or do an X-ray instead of the slide). Back+1, 2, freeze, njp, njp, back+1, 2, 214, slide (or do an X-ray at the end). Also remember if you set up an ice clone in mid-air, do an EX slide, and depending on the distance and height, you'll be able to do a combo on him. After all, the EX slide has armor. Finally if you make an ice clone and he pulls off the teleport attack, he'll roll into your clone. As for projectiles I think the people above me have covered it.

MK Kobra

Noob
I know you're only talking about projectiles but in case he decides to do a teleport attack this is how to punish him:
Block the teleport, then do back+1, 2, freeze, 22, slide. Put the pressure on him once he gets up and don't let up. If you manage to get him into a corner do one of these combos: 214, freeze, 214 slide (or do an X-ray instead of the slide). Back+1, 2, freeze, njp, njp, back+1, 2, 214, slide (or do an X-ray at the end). Also remember if you set up an ice clone in mid-air, do an EX slide, and depending on the distance and height, you'll be able to do a combo on him. After all, the EX slide has armor. Finally if you make an ice clone and he pulls off the teleport attack, he'll roll into your clone. As for projectiles I think the people above me have covered it.
If you're going to air punish his teleport, you're better off doing b1 2, 214 slide for 29%. The better and most consistent punish would be to use f4 freeze, since f4 hits them right as they hit the ground. This means they're ground frozen, so you could also do b1 2 1, or b2 shenanighans.