What's new

How to beat Jade

Yousef

Noob
Can somebody please help me against Jade and her zoning ,is it just me or she is really cheap
I lost 40+ matches just to Jade alone in this kl , I reached God and on my way to elder God , but those guys keeps on jumping and spamming the whole God damn match and then teabag , yesterday I was really close to smashing my controller into the TV
What should I do against her ,what characters is a good and can counter her
Please save my controller/TV

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
You can
A) lab your character's options against her zoning and strings meticulously one-by-one not only to know how to respond to certain scenarios, but also to develop the muscle memory so you can reliably do it at a moments notice
B) my preferred method is to actually learn to adequately play the character I'm having trouble against. With greater comprehension of the opposing character's options comes a greater capacity to utilize your own.

There's no pocket pick someone can give you that will reliably make up for potential shortcomings in your own gameplay or strategy.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
Also, if you're getting frustrated you've already lost. Recognize the opportunity to learn that every loss represents. Just as in life, every failure to succeed is a step on the ladder to victory. You just have to make sure to climb.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Duck from distance to avoid her normal glaive and to make shadow kick whiff. React to her air glaives and block/jump her low. Not that scary, she's not mixing you up, she's not catching you when you move like Geyser or Sand Trap, just a little zoning and chip damage that you need to eat. One low wave does 1.7% chip damage, two air glaives to 3.4%. Work your way in and don't let her get up glow for free. She should have to use her B3, throws and F2 to beat you, but many Jades are just your typical zoning strategy with D2's mixed in and way too many Shadow Kicks. Make them pay for those Shadow Kicks, and dare them to chip you out as you work your way back into preferred ranges. And yeah, got to bring it to the lab. Labbing out zoning to learn the timing of things is actually one of the best things you can do in practice mode. (When can I jump, can I move forward here safely?, etc.)

D2 Kb their D2 to win the set

well it depends who you play. You also need to know the match up. Jade can't do a lot of damage and her combos are very short. She is forced to play keep away in her zoning variation and chip you to death. Like Marinjuana said you need to duck and move your way in. Her regular glaive that travels horizontal should NEVER hit you since it's extremely slow and is a high even when meter burned. Shadow kick is also high so when you start to get within range she may throw out a random shadow kick to knock you back but you can be ready by neutral ducking or just blocking and punishing her for it. You also have to be aware once you get close enough to her that she doesn't try to dash up and use her double overhead (forward 21). This overhead is slow so you can react but she can also mix it up by doing forward 2 then low projectile. Her low projectile is VERY punishable but so is the double over head. She is very unsafe in general. If she is spamming air glaives you inch your way in and punish when she lands. The meter burn air glaive is plus for her so she will likely do shadow kick or low projectile just as she lands. You can punish both. She can't really use the low projectile even within mid range of an opponent without the risk of being punished. The recovery is very bad and you can catch her easily with jump ins when she is within range.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Depending on the player, Jade usually tries to zone/ play mid range. She does excel at those, so you have to get in her face.

to do so, you want to dash in and guard (that’s what I do at least). Guard the Projectile, dash in. If she attempts to amplify it, the guard will catch it, OR if she tries to shadow kick your guard will catch it! You just have to work your way in and do NOT JUMP because of her uppercut

depending on your character, you may have a projectile that beats her glow

skarlet, for example, has her tongue attack which beats it, i believe Geras’ sand trap works as well but i don’t know too many characters otherwise!

When up close, Jade doesn’t have many options, and BLOCK LOW, she has 2 overheads that are used one which is CRAZY punishable (her launcher) and the other which is second part of a string (b1 2)

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Pick Scorpion. His teleport will make them think twice about zoning you.

It takes a scrub character to beat a scrub character.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Any decent jade is going to be ready for Scorpion. May I suggest Arachnophobia D'vorah. Buttons as good or better than Jade's, twice the damage, teleport to regulate ED Air Glaives.

Yousef

Noob
Pick Scorpion. His teleport will make them think twice about zoning you.

It takes a scrub character to beat a scrub character.
I tried picking scorpion , I got myself a Jade literally poking in the middle of the screen waiting for my teleport and the moment I get closer she'll uppercut , yeah I baited the uppercut a couple of times but it stopped working
This is kl , people would do anything ,they'd sell their kidneys for 50 points

Yousef

Noob
But thanks for the help , I'll consider your suggestions /informations , if anybody has anything else I'm all ears , or eyes or whatever
I'll take it

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Any decent jade is going to be ready for Scorpion. May I suggest Arachnophobia D'vorah. Buttons as good or better than Jade's, twice the damage, teleport to regulate ED Air Glaives.
I have yet to see decent Jade players, especially on KL. Every single Jade I face is a scrub and predictable as fuck.

JJParker

Noob
Send one of the Jade's a message and ask for an extended set. By grinding the matchup for an extended period you will start to notice where you're making mistakes and slowly get the hang of it.

It's frustrating but I believe you have to take some of the crap and be patient, usually I choose show stopper and once I'm in it's rushdown corner time for the rest of the match.

It's really annoying getting hit by jade d2/non stop air projectiles, and really I'm angry at myself losing to a BAD player. Sometimes it just takes adapting cause most of then not I find jade players to not get conditioned because they're just mashing the same shit and I'm thinking that after they got hit by same string 99999 times I expect them to do something else, and get hit for the read.

So essentially, it's more about keeping calm and allowing to get hit and eat chip untill you close in and play more defensively and let them hang themselves...