What's new

Question How should trait be used?

Abil4ty

Hawaii
Whats the plan here? because if we start a combo with her thunder knuckles into bola , when you activate trait to the Blades will result in a drop in the combo. (only MB smokebomb you can)

Thunder knuckle jab on block does .67% (10 blocked jabs is almost 7%) and with Blades .07% (10 blocked jabs=1 blocked jab with thunder knuckles).... wtf lol

Edit: knuckle jab on hit is 2%. blade jab on hit is 2.40%. in combo it shouldnt matter because of damage scaling anyway.

Block strings don't scale so:
Blocked 111 on knuckles is .67+.67+.77= 2.11%
Blocked 111 on blades is .07+.07+.16= 0.3%
1.81% damage difference

Hit 111 on knuckles is 2+1.90+4.51= 8.41%
Hit 111 on blades is 2.40+2.28+4.87= 9.55%
1.14% damage difference

and after a BNB combo with blades is only 1-5% more...

Being on Blades seems useless to me. especially with her vortex/pressure potential. what do you guys think?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Whats the plan here? because if we start a combo with her thunder knuckles into bola or MB smokebomb, when you activate trait to the Blades will result in a drop in the combo.

Thunder knuckle jab on block does .67% (10 blocked jabs is almost 7%) and with Blades .07% (10 blocked jabs=1 blocked jab with thunder knuckles).... wtf lol

and after a BNB combo with blades is only 2-3% more...

Being on Blades seems useless to me. especially with her vortex/pressure potential. what do you guys think?

Nailed it. Even in my max damage corner combo, It drops from 53% to 51%. Get to knuckles ASAP. If they're blocking, you will slowly whittle their life away. They need to do something to make punch more appealing or let us cancel into specials from it ala Nightwing/Wonderwoman/GL/Superman.

Abil4ty

Hawaii
Nailed it. Even in my max damage corner combo, It drops from 53% to 51%. Get to knuckles ASAP. If they're blocking, you will slowly whittle their life away. They need to do something to make punch more appealing or let us cancel into specials from it ala Nightwing/Wonderwoman/GL/Superman.
In my opinion it shouldn't be a "stance" because knuckles are always better. It would make more sense if the knuckles give +2% or more chip damage, but runs out of charge overtime.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I started using this chick since her release and I found strange that there is really no disadvantage to having her trait activated the whole time. Her attacks don't change, she doesn't lose meter or anything, and her mobility isn't hampered either. So, is there even a reason to not have this tarit on all day long?

Sailorblade

Mains mostly hotties
I think her trait is better than Lobo's, if people start catching on to your mix-ups you can just backdash into thunder knuckles and get some good chip. Eh that's what I think though.

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
The damage her punches lose from being in knuckles is insignificant imo. Her kicks and specials aren't affected by the trait so she's not losing much at all. She can't get maximum damage on punishes but with damage scaling that loss is usually 2-3% depending on the combo. If they block the reset she gets great chip and if they don't...well you know. I like using blades for punishment and after a MB dd3 for combo instead of a reset. Basically blades = punishes and max damage combo confirms and knuckles = general.