What's new

How oppressive is J2 actually?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How bad is J2 really? I'm not talking about the crossup mixups after a grapple restand. I'm not downplaying, I don't even play Batman.

My question to Batman players and anyone who plays any characters, how many characters actually can't challenge Batman's jump IN THE NEUTRAL?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
It’s really hard to tell if it crosses up or not. So difficult not even batman players know.

Red Hood can trade in most instances with it. Problem is if he’s off, he can’t snipe it with his d2 due to the lack of decent active frames. He can contest it with j1 but my air to airs are shit.

As a regular jump in it is only good, but combined with the sparkles and double jump it becomes great. As a crossover it is literally one of the dumbest moves in the game.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
for some characters that don't really have fast grounded anti airs its really hard to get him to stop jumping. which is incredibly stupid because constantly jumping is considered overall to be a fundamentally poor decision

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The hitbox, frame data and properties it has are just too much, not to mention how hard it is to tell if it's gonna cross up or not in some scenarios. Some characters can actually challenge it but it must suck to play someone with bad AAs against him...

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Oppressive enough like half the threads on this forum are on a single move.

Honestly though I'd rather nerf the bats.
People need to learn how to pushblock, like, it really helps out a lot:
Gets rid of bats
Puts Batman away from you where he can be zoned out

DrZmmm

Noob
I swear I can rarely tell which side he's gonna land on and by the time I do, it's too late. It feels like the game itself doesn't know which side to put him on til the last second