What's new

Question - Crystalline How often do you end combo's in f121?

Nate

Mutant Rebel
I'm starting to see the value in it. You sacrifice a little damage, but it allows you to armor up, throw out a db3 safely or go for the unblockable at the end for an extra 13%. Seems like this is the way to go a lot of the time.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
I'm starting to see the value in it. You sacrifice a little damage, but it allows you to armor up, throw out a db3 safely or go for the unblockable at the end for an extra 13%. Seems like this is the way to go a lot of the time.
I play crystal and metallic. F121 is my go to ender to end in the armor (crystal) or the rock shower. The restands in metallic I only really use in the corner and the f121 gets them there much faster.

The only other times I use a different ender is the db2 or b121 and I really only use that if I wanna burn the meter for the ex-dd4.

21 into armor or shower is also a good ender for corners since timing the f121 can be a bit trickier.

Last edited:

Nate

Mutant Rebel
Same, F121 DB2 and armor up (i only play Crystal.) is the way to go.
I was unaware that worked. So on any combo that I can end with f121 I can also connect a db2 AND still get a rock shower or safe armor eh? right on. Thanks guys.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I was unaware that worked. So on any combo that I can end with f121 I can also connect a db2 AND still get a rock shower or safe armor eh? right on. Thanks guys.
yup, but it is really tight timing, so you have to practice it a lot to get it down

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
I use F121 as an ender in every corner set up. I finish mid screen with db2 midscreen because with db2 you can still get a armor setup or rock shower! But f121 is def an awesome option either way

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can some post a midscreen combo they use that ends in f121?

I've just been getting db2 to hit. I usually end up with 28-30ish%

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Me? Meterless

But you can tell me your go to meter and meterless combos.
the ones i use most often start with F12, so meterless i do F12, DB2D, NJP, B2, F12, DB2. (this specidic combo i dont think you can hit F121 DB2 but if you manage to do it feel free to tell me, also i dont remember the exact percentages at the moment) I also do the same combo only with 21 as a starter instead of F12. As for the metered combos i do F12, ENDB1D, NJP, Run Cancel, F121, DB2. once again cant remember the percentages right now, i will edit this post with more stuff later since right now im extremely tired and it is 5am

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
the ones i use most often start with F12, so meterless i do F12, DB2D, NJP, B2, F12, DB2. (this specidic combo i dont think you can hit F121 DB2 but if you manage to do it feel free to tell me, also i dont remember the exact percentages at the moment) I also do the same combo only with 21 as a starter instead of F12. As for the metered combos i do F12, ENDB1D, NJP, Run Cancel, F121, DB2. once again cant remember the percentages right now, i will edit this post with more stuff later since right now im extremely tired and it is 5am
Oh I thought you guys were always ending with f121xx(special). I basically do that.

Starterxxdb2d, b2xxdb2u, b2xxdb2.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Can some post a midscreen combo they use that ends in f121?

I've just been getting db2 to hit. I usually end up with 28-30ish%
21d4 - db2d - b2 - db2u - b2 - run a tiny bit then f121 is a nice one. U can also cancel do same combo but instead of f121 ender, just back the last b2 cancel into db2 normal for a hard knockdown and setup as well