What's new

Question - Raiden How important are the LRC combos?

Would someone be kind enough to write down some easy non lrc combos that would be viable with online lag?Not that much damage. Around 30%... Please

delbuster

hungry
f12b2(hold) bf3
b32(hold) bf3

b2, run b14 exDF2, b14 bf3

exDF2 njP b14 bf3

corner

b32(hold) njP, b14 df2 or db1
f12b2(hold) njP, b14 df2 or db1
b2 b2 214 df2
b2 b2 b14 db1
b2 b2 214 exDF2 b14 df2 or db1

exDF2 b2 b14 df2 or db1

those are the lazy combos

although the motion is tricky, f1,2,charge back 2, lrc repeat seems really really good.

correct me if i'm wrong, but you get

possibly the fastest mid in the game with f1,
which leads to another mid, 2,
which then leads to charge back 2 for major chip and meter building
which then leads to lightning run cancel into

repeat.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
I'm still having trouble understanding what exactly the point of doing a lrc is? If someone could explain what the purpose of it is that would be great. I understand more damage but would it be possible to cut it out the combo string, and just continue the string as is without the lrc. Too me doing the lrc in a string seems useless as it doesn't hit your opponent. I know this is a total newb question but I'm reletivley new to fighting games at a competitive level.
It's to cancel your recovery frames and be in a position to follow up with more pressure.

For example, simply doing b14 lightning will result in you having to recover from the spark animation. B14superman puts them on the ground. B14shocker puts them on the ground. B14 kicks them far and leaves you unable to follow up (unless you perform a fantastically timed run right when you recover). Doing the LRC isn't about linking the combos, it's about pressure. Just like in MK9 Kabal's run cancel wasn't about actual damage but keeping you guessing and unable to retaliate since too much was going on to notice the break point.

Pretty much the point is to LRC, be fully recovered in their face and set them up with a new 50/50 to guess. You either open them up low if they are blocking high or overhead them if they are blocking low. You're forcing the match into your favor because they are thinking more about guessing the next block so they can retaliate.

It's to cancel your recovery frames and be in a position to follow up with more pressure.

For example, simply doing b14 lightning will result in you having to recover from the spark animation. B14superman puts them on the ground. B14shocker puts them on the ground. B14 kicks them far and leaves you unable to follow up (unless you perform a fantastically timed run right when you recover). Doing the LRC isn't about linking the combos, it's about pressure. Just like in MK9 Kabal's run cancel wasn't about actual damage but keeping you guessing and unable to retaliate since too much was going on to notice the break point.

Pretty much the point is to LRC, be fully recovered in their face and set them up with a new 50/50 to guess. You either open them up low if they are blocking high or overhead them if they are blocking low. You're forcing the match into your favor because they are thinking more about guessing the next block so they can retaliate.

Thanks for the well explained response I'm getting the lrc down about 90% of the time now... online is a whole other issue however don't know if it's my nerves getting to me or just lag or maybe a bit of both lol.