What's new

Question How does your skill look as time progresses in a tournament?

My skills tend to end up looking like a Bell curve over time like so.

I think what happens to me is for the first couple hours I'm shaking off any rust/getting back in the groove. Then I hit this peek where my mind is fresh, and I'm excited to be playing. I'm hype and get extremely motivated it give it my all.

after about 3-4 hours. My F-bombs given start to decline but never back to rust level.

this drop is a sign of where my mind gets tired of competing and I start doing things while in the zone and I'm not thinking like I should. To maintain that higher level of investment, I need to be sure to not play 24/7 when i'm at a tournament.

My question is what does yours look like over time? I know someone who just gets better and better as time goes on. and I know some people who do their best right at the start but then dive bomb after a few hours.

What does yours look like? and how would you improve that?

I tend to avoid playing too much, but sometimes I feel like I go backwards back to rust a little bit if I stay away too long.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354846094.798158.jpg

I usually start off slowly, trying to feel out the matches and gauge reactions. Then I hit my peak where I'm really focused and making good reads and punishing correctly. This is usually the point where I open the door. Get on the floor. Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

I'm a straight line. I don't play any less or any better. I just play.

So you don't need a warm up? I got someone in my crew that's like that. He bodies me at the start of friendlies, then I eventually start bodying him.

I've always been a victim of needing to warm up first.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
So you don't need a warm up? I got someone in my crew that's like that. He bodies me at the start of friendlies, then I eventually start bodying him.

I've always been a victim of needing to warm up first.
No not really. Maybe sandbag with Stryker the night before ;)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Mine is situationally: I'm a straight line until I make a big mistake or mental error, then I just become stupid and it takes me a bit to recompose myself.