What's new

Question How do you Rax?

KRYS9984

Noob
So, I recorded a video of me failing that reset I've been trying on my phone whilst holding it b/w my knees. lmao

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

at :53 is my best attempt where I actually land the part I was having trouble with. How do you land that next B2 to continue the combo?
After the opponent is set-off by the second bomb you can:

- Neutral Jump Punch, B2, 2,1, net > This set-up offers you additional pressure on your opponent and can potentially lead to more damage.

- Neutral Jump Punch, B2, 1,2,1 Ragdoll > This is a solid combo ender (82%), does not offer additional pressure but sets up full screen zoning.

If you really want to use this combo, just keep working at it until you find the perfect timing.

To be honest, I find the results inconsistent at times and would rather stick to the other 70% - 75% b'n'b's as Lt. Box mentioned.

However there is a way to execute a variation of the same combo much easier / consistent at the expense of 2 bars:

JIP, 2,1 NET - JIP, 2,1 EN BOMB - B2, EN BOMB - FAR BOMB, 1,2,1, CLOSE BOMB, NET - NJP, B2, 1,2,1, RAGDOLL = 86%

This combo is pretty much guaranteed every time because you have a nice sized window to input the far bomb into 1,2,1 close bomb.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ever since I saw the man Krayzie using it consistently as he once did with Ermac's F4 reset, I've been ending every combo/reset I can with an OTG Net + F2 into 2'nd Net stagger + Command Grab chaos.
I rarely play for max damage if that damage isn't close enough to guaranteed.
Always position and mindgames. The reason I love Cyrax the most = there is no character better at causing panic in an opponent. None.
Lao is fast, Kabal is psychotic, Kenshi is a wall...but Cyrax is the walking Touch Of Death.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So if I use sub smoke and cyrax do I get like, set of steak knives or something or the secret Lin Kuei handshake or something ? :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
I play Cyrax by throwing full screen nets and teleporting in the air. I also make sure to throw out a net every time they block my 21, so they have plenty of time to punish. I let go of block in the middle of being hit and mash d1 hoping for a poke. I forget his anti air exists except when I use it to jump right in front of my enemy. online I love to saw people getting up off of the ground. I never use my advantage from a command grab. I like to ex bomb people when they are blocking. I especially love shooting nets so fast that they do not come out, and cyblax's alternate color. When I stop playing on auto pilot and think about what Im doing I can do some impressive things.

Hindsight is 20-20

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
So, I recorded a video of me failing that reset I've been trying on my phone whilst holding it b/w my knees. lmao

at :53 is my best attempt where I actually land the part I was having trouble with. How do you land that next B2 to continue the combo?
at :06 right after you launch the far bomb, step forward slightly before doing 1,2,1-short bomb.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

You are doing the b2 in the beginning a lil late. Best way to do it. Which I learned from tony.

You do the b2 after you hear the ex bomb explode. That sets up the timing well. And makes them pop in the air longer. Then when you do the b2 I usually mash on back back back and right when you see the opponent touch the ground from the ground bouncy input the f4 for the far bomb to come out. This should give you enough time to dash up and do the 121.

Hope that helps

Having trouble doing this combo from TonyT and the community guide
jps,2,1~net, jps,2,1~Exb, mb, ff~1,2,3~cb, net, njp, ff~b2, ff~1,2,1~ragdoll 75%

it starts at 50 seconds and says it's the best to learn

a lot of people say they have similar problems as me in the comments, that the bomb will not go off after the 123 and the uploader just says it still works, any help? Been trying a lot of stuff and I can't figure it out, Cyrax just won't make another bomb after the midbomb.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
That combo DOES still work. I do it quite frequently still, but prefer his 47% reset instead. Just work on your timing. If you could upload a video of how you are doing it now in practice mode, maybe we could help you out.

Also, at the first ff~ above, I prefer to just walk forward slightly instead of dashing. Maybe that'll help you.

I try to cancel the 123 string to bomb but it doesn't happen, I even try to throw bombs afterwards just to show that nothing will come out
Any idea what's going on?

NariTuba

disMember

I try to cancel the 123 string to bomb but it doesn't happen, I even try to throw bombs afterwards just to show that nothing will come out
Any idea what's going on?
Check your inputs... all clean up to the part where you do 123cb; then youre mashing back and circle. The dash before the mb is right, after that just input 1,2,3,bb4 all in one motion, the cb should cancel the recovery of the 3.

Put the dummy on block and just repeat 1,2,3~cb until you get that input clean.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Lately, I've been using far and medium bombs a lot in conjunction with F2(cancel)-chestsaw for pressure. I've been having a ton of success with this fighting tactic. It usually leads into them being popped in the air, then 3,3,net, etc. I've also been tricking people with a command grab fake-out. Like, if someone is caught in a net in the air (or otherwise) and you typically wait for them to drop to the ground to do a command grab, they usually mash "1" to escape the throw, but I've been just doing 2,1,net instead exactly as the previous net dissipates. Then you can do a full combo with them starting on the ground like normal. And if by the rare chance they hold block instead, I do 2,1,chestsaw for chip damage. I'm much more into fighting tactic these days than combos. I love mind-games.

NariTuba

disMember
I've also been tricking people with a command grab fake-out. Like, if someone is caught in a net in the air (or otherwise) and you typically wait for them to drop to the ground to do a command grab, they usually mash "1" to escape the throw, but I've been just doing 2,1,net instead exactly as the previous net dissipates.
I do this too! I use the b2 on hangin net glitch for this too