What's new

How do you quote DMG?

alexbib

Noob
It seems that even in tournament mode (gear and lvl off), damage varies depending on the enemy character. Why is that? And how do I quote accurate damage for a combo? Do I have to specify on who it was tested or is there a "default" target?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
To quote the damage itself, you need to have Superman as your dummy AI and enable the competition mode on in practice. Why? Here's the explanation.

The competition mode disables anything the gear wears and reverts the wearers to the basic stats. Superman's HP is exactly 1000 Health Points (HP), therefore, it's exactly 100%.

Now, how to quote it?

Every 10 HP consists only of 1%. If your combo dealt around 392HP, then it's exactly 39%.

The rest of how to convert the damage percent into another based of any character, I'll leave that to @Lokheit .

alexbib

Noob
To quote the damage itself, you need to have Superman as your dummy AI and enable the competition mode on in practice. Why? Here's the explanation.

The competition mode disables anything the gear wears and reverts the wearers to the basic stats. Superman's HP is exactly 1000 Health Points (HP), therefore, it's exactly 100%.

Now, how to quote it?

Every 10 HP consists only of 1%. If your combo dealt around 392HP, then it's exactly 39%.

The rest of how to convert the damage percent into another based of any character, I'll leave that to @Lokheit .
Yeah, but don't characters have different values for defense, so that it won't do the same to all characters with 1000 HP? Has it simply been decided that Superman is the standard for that?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Yeah, but don't characters have different values for defense, so that it won't do the same to all characters with 1000 HP? Has it simply been decided that Superman is the standard for that?
The problem here is that 1/3 of them has 1000HP, 1/3 has 1250HP, and 1/3 of them has 750, but with a loss and upgrade of each 1/3 of them with strength and defense. Superman has everything balanced, like the rest of his 1/3 side do. And everything is competition mode on. We don't really care about the competition mode off, since this is only for the casuals.

If you want to lab the rest of the characters you want to deal with, then you can do however you like against them, but for combo training and such Superman is the best AI.

This is why I'll leave @Lokheit to bring out the stats panel and the percentage conversion it needs for the other 1/3s.

alexbib

Noob
Alright. I find that it's a poor design decision to make the damage vary like that. Actually, all that gear stats idea is pretty dumb, they should make it apply only in multiverse mode.

That said I wouldn't be against allowing the custom abilities on characters in comp mode, would allow people to make their own "variations". Of course they'd have to be balanced, but if they could do it in MKX, why not here?