What's new

Question How do you get most of your damage?

How do you get most of your damage?

• Blockstrings blockstrings blockstrings

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whiff punishing

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Armor

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Daggers and slides

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I know that we all use a combination of all of these to get damage, but honestly I tend to get most of my damage from armoring through attacks into us or ds. My next highest is from blockstrings and them letting go early or trying to poke when I upslash.

Both require meter, and This helps me focus on my gameplay and how to approach MU.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I get mine with blockstrings, but sometimes i'm too focused on footsies that i totally left blockstrings out, this is when i start to get destroyed.

But i get most of mine by blockstrings, then Armor, the distance between characters also helps a lot to bait stuff in this game and punish accordingly.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
upknee spam

lol early post. i don't use skarlet often, but when i do, i armor everything and pray to god i don't get blown up.

Mosp

Noob
Bloodball and ex teleports. Why aren't these an option? Easily her best and most often used specials.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Depends on the matchup to some degree, but iaBD's are great vs the whole cast.

Block strings are a must. If you aren't dealing massive damage and getting assloads of meter from these, you're not playing vs people on your level/better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Depends on the matchup to some degree, but iaBD's are great vs the whole cast.

Block strings are a must. If you aren't dealing massive damage and getting assloads of meter from these, you're not playing vs people on your level/better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This and armor. But I play against kenshi 90% of the time so armor is the only way I get in.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Ive recognized that im a slave to the armor. I use it to a flaw and I need to find ways to win without it. Not that I plan to play a skarlet without the enhanced dash, its her best move, I just need to work on her other aspects to become more well rounded. Ive been picking up other characters lately that have different play styles to help me become more well rounded. This is really helping my skarlet.

Btw, out of all the other skarlets on xbl, Ninj is the best at getting big damage from all of her tools. Everytime we play I feel like I'm in skarlet school.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Bloodball and ex teleports. Why aren't these an option? Easily her best and most often used specials.
Maybe by you only, Skarlet players hardly teleport these days, unless you're fighting someone who moves a lot without caring about what could happen if they do ^^

Since i play against an opponent who has too much exp vs skarlet i tend to get damage off of perfects reads and risky shit lol, otherwise the rest of my shit gets blocked, so i guess a great deal of my shit is chip to