What's new

How do you get in range?

How do you really get in for your combos? I use kung Lao but i cannot even get close to anyone online. His teleports are useless except if the opponent stands still or blocks.

rikana

Noob
You have 4 options when teleporting with Kung Lao.. mix it up. Force the opponent to come to you with his projectiles. Just watch Sequel's Kung Lao on youtube.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Also if your opponent constantly has no respect for your teleports, use the EX teleport on him. I believe it has armor. That should give him pause next time he thinks about uppercutting your teleport. Also as Cyke_out said, dash cancel into block is your best friend here.

Thanks for all the replies. IMHO the teleport is really flukey. If you try to punish a whiff with it you will always miss even the slow spear. Also the game does auto correct stuff if timed right you can always punch kung lao out of his teleport. Teleport throw is the least consistent of them all. I play alot online and it seems nothing is safe as most people are patient enough to wait for you and punish non-stop.

I will try the block dashing.

DrDogg

Noob
The teleport is fine when punishing whiffs (primarily specials from across the screen). You're playing online... that's the problem. ;)

I dont think its an online problem. This also happens with regular throws as you cant punish most things with a throw even when in throwing range

DrDogg

Noob
What I'm saying is that you're slow to react with the teleport due to online latency. By the time you see the spear, Scorpion has pretty much already recovered.