What's new

Question How do you get in on high range characters?

Shake

Noob
Hey guys. I'm a relatively new injustice player/fighting game player and have been learning batman for the past week or so.

I'm getting better and can beat a lot of characters fairly easily but I'm really struggling against characters with high ranged melee attacks like aquaman and nightwing in staff stance. I'm not really sure how I should be getting in on these characters. I feel like I can't outzone them because their ranged is so stronged, getting in with grapples seems almost impossible. Jumping in rarely works for me because at least aquaman seems to have super strong anti air. I could really use some tips on how to play this matchup. Should I try to dash in between their attacks? Should I try to use my slide to get in? Not really sure how to approach it.

Thanks guys!

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Utilize batarangs (regular and meter burn), your trait, and continue to dash in to close the gap. You have to be patience otherwise you'll open yourself up to punishment.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
If you can get in range for it, I would try either a B3 or F3. On-block, this will give you some advantage to close the gap even more (especially a blocked B3).

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Reptile Orion is absolutely right. Batarangs (specially the meter burn ones) and the trait are the key to close the gap. I also like to throw some grapple hook (only if you have meter to burn) into the mix.