What's new

Question - Royal Storm How do you fight Mournful ?

Friend of mine has been playing Mournful lately, hasn't been doing it too long, but is still giving me a really hard time. Im playing pretty much only Royal Storm, have been for like 6 months. I tried learning Mournful just for the mirror, but i cant stand playing that variation. Just seems like i get out zoned full screen, you cant reflect EX glaive, she recovers too quickly to catch her with an EX fan lift full screen, only time i get an in is when he jumps into an IAF, but he doesn't jump anymore. Whenever i get in, he just throws out that safe kick that sends me full screen, and the cycle repeats. I know its a high, but is ducking that my ONLY option ? Cheers.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
this is true,the glaive is a strong tool.And mournful is a great variation.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Full screen EXLift, or jump over the glaive at midscreen before its upcurve. Duck that kick, punish Staff Grab and use instant air fans to blowup air glaives.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Just play Mournful yourself. In my opinion Royal Storm loses to Mournful. Not by much but it's an uphill battle none the less. Aside from that you could just go Raiden.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I need to fight more mournfuls. I never seen one! Until tonight that is.
I call it a zoning vortex. Throw throw throw, kick the run in, throw throw throw, run up staff grab. Most try and duck the kick and get blownup for it. Its all patience against Mournful. Three bars and sit. That all she needs. Dmg when needed. Shadow kick into two-four glaives is nice meter building on hit/block. She's bae.We shall see those. Balance changes today so...Pole-themed strings plz.