What's new

Strategy How do you escape Ares unblockable reset combo?

I've come across a few Ares' using a combo ending with a hard knockdown that lasts long enough for the unblockable god smack to be used, which is then meter burned to prop me up for more damage.
I hear that certain wake-ups on certain characters will have invincibility frames which will survive the god smack and let me start a combo of my own.
Any idea what wake ups will do this or any advice on escaping the reset in general?
I main catwoman and grundy so anything for them would be great :)

4x4lo8o

Noob
Tech roll
Haha, besides the fact that he specifically mentioned hard knockdowns, a tech roll by itself won't get you out of most of them anyway. You need to tech roll and back dash

A wake up with invincibility frames will also get you out, with or without the tech roll. With Grundy his cleaver should get you out, and walking corpse will as well. With Catwoman her trait as a wake up has invincibility, and I think Cat Dash should get you out but I'm not completely sure.

It's also possible to back dash out if the Ares players timing is off and depending on the set up you may be able to jump.