What's new

How do you create your own combos in Injustice?

SiniC

Noob
I used to play a lot in MK9 and creating your own combo was mostly just inputting a combo attack, like 212, then dropping the last input and inputting a special.

It doesn't seem to work this way in Injustice or atleast does not work for some characters and I would like some help figuring how to string my own combos.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You can generally dial a combo into a special with most characters, that's pretty much what Raven is.

You can spend meter to cancel some things into a wall bounce with back back + meter. As well as using meter for certain specials to lengthen combos. :)

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I used to play a lot in MK9 and creating your own combo was mostly just inputting a combo attack, like 212, then dropping the last input and inputting a special.

It doesn't seem to work this way in Injustice or atleast does not work for some characters and I would like some help figuring how to string my own combos.
The base formula is the same.

Your avg combo looks like:

String xx Special Move Launcher, B3, J2_J3, String xx Special Move Ender

Granted not everyone can apply this general formula and some characters need to spend meter to do so. But this is the most basic combo framework.

Komatose

The Prettiest
A lot of specials in this game, well, at least MB specials, create a ground bounce. When you ground bounce you usually get a b3 wall bounce for free into whatever you want. How you are going to mix those two things into a combo is entirely up to you.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Also its good to check if some specials or strings that dont go into certain specials will go into their meter burn variations when following the above formulas. Some meter burn specials can be combo-ed from even though their normal variant doesn't have followups. Sometimes you get really cool stuff that way like with Green Lantern.

xx means cancel into. So, for 223 xx df1 or whatever the combo says in the combo thread. Now just to note....some combos for certain characters r not dial a combo....they r dial a string and after the 2 hit of the string then u do the special move. I would check ur characters combo thread.....this forum is awesome like that.

What i like to do is going to training mode and learn the easy ones....find out which ones come out the fastest and which ones do the most dmg. Basically just a string into a special move....then from there u start to learn them in segments. Once u've mastered that...then combine them. For a beginner u have to take baby steps....it's easier than SF or MvC3 but a little harder than mk9.

Thank you. I'll have to play around with this when I get home but I think that makes sense! I really want to get good at this game.