What's new

how do you counter when your blocking?

i played against the ai on hard and i find they block a lot of my attacks and then immediately counterattack.

when i try to do this i find myself always gettin whacked while coming out of a block before i get a chance to hit.

how do you do this?

Dark_Rob

Noob
i played against the ai on hard and i find they block a lot of my attacks and then immediately counterattack.

when i try to do this i find myself always gettin whacked while coming out of a block before i get a chance to hit.

how do you do this?
Your holding block to long. The block stun in this game is not to bad. Release block as soon as the hit connects. Also make sure that the hit your trying to counter isnt one that leaves your opponent at advantage. Otherwise you'll lose out anyway if they throw another quick attack.

okay so 2 scenarios;

1) when deadling with online 1,1,1 spam u should let go of block on the third hit and then hit my attack? i play reptile i like the 3,2,1 big combo but should i go for 1,2,2 instead since its quicker?

2) when dealing with say another reptile or any char where its not spamming the same button when should i release block to cunter?

last thing, is it better to counter with a special move or an attack?