What's new

Question How do you approach kabal

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
No bombs and nets from afar, when sweep distance use anti air grab if they keep doing IAGB. Get close and stay close with pokes. Once on him get him to the corner and stay on him like white on rice. Thats the best advice i can give. Just be aware of a sweep, hooksword, ex dash or anything that will knock you down, here he will be able to escape and start everything all over again.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
seriously,you cannot throw bombs,he will dash them,also the net is unsafe option because he will punish you at least with pressure,i cannot find a solution,i play cyrax a lot,and the only thing i can think of is a huge damage combo,but the bastard will seriously have breaker meter!!!!!!

Wigy

There it is...
what i did just there is get him in a net i did two anti air jumps which times a command grab so he cant break it im sure this is well known but thought i'd throw it out there incase.

I just dont see how this at all do-able. He builds meter like stupid and has a much better pressure game than cyrax and a muuuch better zoning game your at a disadvantage everywhere with no gay 98% super combos :(

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
what i did just there is get him in a net i did two anti air jumps which times a command grab so he cant break it im sure this is well known but thought i'd throw it out there incase.

I just dont see how this at all do-able. He builds meter like stupid and has a much better pressure game than cyrax and a muuuch better zoning game your at a disadvantage everywhere with no gay 98% super combos :(
The video in my last post is a video of me playing reo (the best kabal in the cosmos), You still have many many options, but you just have to accept kabal as he is and use his strengths to his disadvantage. Every kabal has a pattern, when a character requires such high execution to play at the highest possible level players tend to form habits against their will. Figure those player habits out and exploit them

Wigy

There it is...
The video in my last post is a video of me playing reo (the best kabal in the cosmos), You still have many many options, but you just have to accept kabal as he is and use his strengths to his disadvantage. Every kabal has a pattern, when a character requires such high execution to play at the highest possible level players tend to form habits against their will. Figure those player habits out and exploit them
I know who reo is :L

I dont think high execution is any excuse for him being 6:4 + on like everybody :(

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

I dont think high execution is any excuse for him being 6:4 + on like everybody :(
also pick human cyrax for this matchup every time he throws a gas blast u throw a net your hitbox will lower underneath d gas blast , also human cyrax's teleport can get u in against the saw blade , 2 simple things have helped me manage this matchup to where im not goin wtf just happened

Wigy

There it is...
also pick human cyrax for this matchup every time he throws a gas blast u throw a net your hitbox will lower underneath d gas blast , also human cyrax's teleport can get u in against the saw blade , 2 simple things have helped me manage this matchup to where im not goin wtf just happened
This is helpful thanks buuuuudyy.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

lol its not but there is no easy answer to fighting kabal. You must accept him for what he is and learn how to fight him on a universal stand point with the cast. What you need against kabal is :
Good footsies
Tight corner game
Fundamental knowledge on fighting against his special moves
Overall superb meter management and awareness

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
lol its not but there is no easy answer to fighting kabal. You must accept him for what he is and learn how to fight him on a universal stand point with the cast. What you need against kabal is :
Good footsies
Tight corner game
Fundamental knowledge on fighting against his special moves
Overall superb meter management and awareness
and coffee;)

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I prefer using Cyblax vs Kabal because of Cyblax's lower hit-box. Makes it a million times easier to throw out nets from a far distance.

Otherwise, I usually start the match with an EX-ragdoll and toss a medium bomb immediately. Then my main strategy is to repeatedly launch Kabal far away (2,1,2 usually because of its hard knockdown), throw a far bomb, then either 1) teleport or 2) throw a net while he's still down. I find that varying between teleporting and throwing nets while a bomb is near Kabal is key. Sometimes Kabal dashes (or ex-dashes) in to Cyrax's "invisible wall" that he leaves behind after teleporting (makes him vulnerable), and other times he will get caught in a net. This is just my personal tactic when I usually face a Kabal player. Still have to be careful of Kabal EX-dashing through a net, but this works for me.