What's new

Question How do I level up?

Flurry22

BFGC | Station
Ok, so I'm relatively new to the FGC. I've followed it for a while but I have just started competing. I have been to two tournaments so far and I'm in love with it. I love the competitive scene 1v1 who's better, you or the man right next to you. I really am having a good time competing however I wish to be better. I am from the buffalo area and there is a scene established but there are not many MK players, mostly USF4 and Xrd. I am one of the best consistent players in the scene, there is no one to push me on the daily so it's up to me to get better. I main Erron Black (Outlaw and Gunslinger) and Jax (Heavy Weapons) and every day I go into training mode against different characters but I do not what to do from there. I try to learn the gaps in strings and what you can punish what you can't but I do not know how to put it to use. I have definitely gotten better since I have learned these gaps and frame data but I'm still nowhere I wish to be. Is there any advice you guys can give as to how I can get better by myself?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
you may have to travel out of your city and find more tournaments, how far is The Break from you? i am fairly certain that is in new jersey

Flurry22

BFGC | Station
New Jersey is about 8 hours so its not an easy trip. Toronto is only about 2 hours so I plan to go up there to train with them as they have a good scene. Especially with people like @HoneyBee and @cR Biohazard. I also plan on going to as many tournaments and majors as possible, NEC and KIT are the closest ones

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
New Jersey is about 8 hours so its not an easy trip. Toronto is only about 2 hours so I plan to go up there to train with them as they have a good scene. Especially with people like @HoneyBee and @cR Biohazard. I also plan on going to as many tournaments and majors as possible, NEC and KIT are the closest ones
oh shit my bad I dont really know the geography of cities on the east coast too well since i have never been there, but yeah do that what you suggested yourself, go to canada, hell i know @STB Shujinkydink drives from Canada to the US for his locals, or so i have heard, i could be wrong, most likely wrong

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
oh shit my bad I dont really know the geography of cities on the east coast too well since i have never been there, but yeah do that what you suggested yourself, go to canada, hell i know @STB Shujinkydink drives from Canada to the US for his locals, or so i have heard, i could be wrong, most likely wrong
canada is hella spread out. I travel from my town just outside of Vancouver to Seattle which is 5 hours. Sounds like this dude is more montreal? maybe? 2 hours from toronto not sure.

Toronto to Vancouver is like Seattle to NY btw. Everyone is like oh you're from Canada? You know Bill right?