What's new

Question How do I escape Ares' unblockable reset combo?

I've come across a few Ares using a combo ending with a hard knockdown that lasts long enough for the unblockable god smack to be used, which is then meter burned to prop me up for more damage.
I hear that certain wake-ups on certain characters will have invincibility frames which will survive the god smack and let me start a combo of my own.
Any idea what wake ups will do this or any advice on escaping the reset in general?
I main catwoman and grundy so anything for them would be great :)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
It would be really helpful to know what combo he's doing that ends in a HKD.

Then once you have the combo, you could go into training, set the ai to do the combo, and see which wakeups get out of it. Or play as Ares and change which wakeup Catwoman does to see if any get out of it.

Then you could come here and say hey guys, this combo that Ares does? This is how you get out of it.

Cause right now, we don't know what combo you're referring to... so it's hard to say how you should get out. Trait is the only special wakeup that has full invincibility. But maybe low evade would work? Or high evade?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

REYTHEGREAT

call crazy but i thought hes reset was gone? unless its some ghetto stuff now and you cant seem to figure out.

call crazy but i thought hes reset was gone? unless its some ghetto stuff now and you cant seem to figure out.
It's definitely some ghetto stuff lol. He can do it off of like interactable bounce and if he reads a tech roll or whatever he can change the distance and get you. But yeah, it's ratchet lol

4x4lo8o

Noob
Just get up and neutral jump it.

Nooooo, that'll get you blown up. The rule for Godsmack is if he uses it while you're standing you hold up, if he uses it while you're on the ground you use an invincible wake up.

Cat Dash(or whatever that dash move is, I don't know Catwoman well) and trait will get you out for sure. I dunno about others

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nooooo, that'll get you blown up. The rule for Godsmack is if he uses it while you're standing you hold up, if he uses it while you're on the ground you use an invincible wake up.

Cat Dash(or whatever that dash move is, I don't know Catwoman well) and trait will get you out for sure. I dunno about others
Ok so if your standing you neutral jump it? Got that mixed up.