What's new

Question - War God How do I counter Mystic?

Luke KB

Noob
There's a couple match ups I struggle with, but mystic (when playing war god) is beyond frustrating for me.
So how does the rest of you war gods cope with that mystic... that frigging push is insane...

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Not a War God player, but how reliably can Kotal punish a regular push? Push is -24 if I recall correctly, so maybe Kotal has enough range on EX-db1 to punish it from most ranges. Otherwise, F1B2 could work in theory.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Never had problems with Mystic but I would say just probably use his pressure strings to bait out mistakes.

Luke KB

Noob
Never had problems with Mystic but I would say just probably use his pressure strings to bait out mistakes.
Now I'm pretty bad with some of the terminology. So what would you say are some of Kotals pressure strings? Do you mean just canceling into his sword quake but canceling out the unblock able portion to continie putting on pressure?

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I know Kotal has a godlike jump in but the usual idea is to stay grounded and move very carefully, then when you block it do something with your plus frames.

Luke KB

Noob
I know Kotal has a godlike jump in but the usual idea is to stay grounded and move very carefully, then when you block it do something with your plus frames.
I think that's my problem. I play very aggressive and jumpin-in alot. I really need to adjust for Mystic, but still I feel like when I do block and try to play safely the ermacs creates a very good wall with that push.
I'll have to play around with some ways to punish it.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Now I'm pretty bad with some of the terminology. So what would you say are some of Kotals pressure strings? Do you mean just canceling into his sword quake but canceling out the unblock able portion to continie putting on pressure?
Well his best pressure strings are 114 df1 B122 into sword toss then repeat. You can stop in the middle to bait out mistakes.