What's new

How bad is online lag for XBL?

I was unsure about buying the game.. I've been watching the tourney stream today and it actually seems pretty good.

I've heard that the game has terrible online play though. There is little chance I would have people to play with locally.. so I'm curious if I did buy it (360) is the netplay really that terrible, or are people over-exagerrating?

S

SuGaR

I get my 360 back Wednesday ;) See you all very soon. =D Grindfox, you were fucking good at UMK3 buy the damn game and get good. We need to get this shit fucking hype. Fuck SSF4AESTILLBADGAME. And I'm not ADD/ADHD or an adderall addict to play MvC3.

ScheissNussen said:
It can be pretty bad depending on who you play. But I've gotten great matches with people as long as they know how to not download for a few minutes and are from the US.

It's pretty much par for the course for online play for me, but King of the Hill mode (2-6 players) is pretty awful no matter what. It could be better though.

Anyway, the game is $30 at Toys'R'Us right now, on sale, and 40$ if you miss the sale. So it's not bad at all.
^^^This^^^

eksyte

Noob
It's kinda random in my experience. I usually play between 9pm and 1am EST. It tends to be really laggy before 10pm, especially in KotH. I'm assuming this is because that's prime time. It's usually lag free (for online at any rate) after 11pm.