What's new

Question - Kung Lao hole in b3_21

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I didn't know that. Must be spacing specific. Or perhaps character specific. I know Cassies 12 year old girl hitbox allows her to armour through some string that don't have gaps occasionally. Ie Ermacs F212.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
It is a spacing hole,reptile can armour through this string too,but it is a rare situation.it is not a tech.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Maybe it took the block frames of the hat? (I can't think of a good way to phrase that)
Something similar happens with EX Kunai. If the kunai explode during some strings, a gap will be created.

omooba

fear the moobs
it seems like whenever i teleport kick with the hat out there's a decent chance it'll happen.
it just happened again twice in one match
also this guy online has called it happening three times wtf

MK_Al

Noob
I think I remember that I found a hole in that string a few patches ago but I thought it was patched. Turns out that this string (still?) has a gap that can (theoretically) be exploited by a (at least) 6f reversal (reptile, jax), though it only happens like one out of five times. This seems to be a hitbox problem because I can't do it with cassies ex flip.
To see for yourself go to the training mode and put reptile on reversal and do b321 multiple times.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Hmmmm I've never even attempted. There is a gap listed on Mkxframedata.com I'm going to lab this up.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Wonder if it's like ferra/Torr's b121 overhead ferra toss. You have to armor through from a crouched position. Somebody should try it.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I Think Its Inconsistent Block Advantage
That's what litters this game -____- Inconsistent, or rather variable block stun depending on spacing (even though the impact frames remain the same, all the more reason why it doesn't make sense) as well as altering between crouch blocking and standard blocking. And then you get characters like Tanya that get to willingly change their data to add to the already inconsistent bs...

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
That reptile was mashing that armor "HARD":eek:
It's more of an option select. Most, if not all characters should be able to do this. I get hate mail all the time when I get out EXRoll at the most "random" times, but it's just a buffer lol. If the gap is formed, the special will come out, and if they continue their pressure, holding onto the R2 during the buffer keeps you blocking.